tyre saga

oldtimer
This post is 4990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well having checked my tyres my rear was right on the limit.so there was nothing for it but to put my hand in my pockets and sort them out.

decided to replace both with bridgstone bt 023 dear tyres but they get a good write up,£258 lighter i set of home all of 8 mile park up go in for my rucksack come back out to find rear tyre flat as a pancake,paddock stand out spin the wheel and spend 10 mins checking tyres cant see anything so ring them up, ok mate we will send the van out 2 hours later van arrives no ramp he had forgotten it so using my paddock stand removes wheel and goes off an hour later i get a phone call its a puncture mate its in a bad place you may need a new tyre well i wont tell you what my replie was but i am sure you can guess.

30 mins later he rings good news mate we have repaired it thats £20 pay the driver so the driver arrives with wheel and a piece of a stanley knife blade about a quarter of a inch long thats what it was mate.

now did i really pick up that little piece of flat stanley knife blade off the road ? and if so how did it get in that position in my tyre,well rant over but £278 lighter and running on a repaired new tyre i AM WELL PISSED OFF rant over.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got a puncture comming home from Stafford last year, didn't find anything except a slit in the inner tube, must have ran over summat!

the only way your gonna get that money back is give me that FZ ;)

Sounds like you have been ripped off Broonie (theiving barristers), did they leave you the bit of stanley blade?, after 1 day in the open the 'snapped edge' would be well rusted, I'd E-mail (that way they are stuck to putting stuff in writing) the company manager relating your story-if the puncture 'was in a bad place mate' then it shouldn't be repaired !, ask on the E-mail for your £20 back or your gonna post up this story on the half a dozen Bike forums that your a member of ;) ,after you get a promise by E-mail of a £20 refund--- then ask for a credit note for a small (5%) discount for future tyre purchases or you will write a nice story in the half a dozen Bike forums you are a member of and will ALSO purchase your tyres from elsewhere-do all this in writing B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online