Larger fuel tank?

Hamlesh
This post is 4863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone know if theres such a thing as a larger / higher capacity fuel tank for the XVS 650 Dragstar?

A mate of mind has a Bullet, and hes recently fitted a higher capacity tank to his bike. One irritation on my road trip around Italy last year was having to stop for fuel every 120 or so miles!

H

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Properly tuned and sensibly ridden by a factory person on flat, level roads etc etc, the XVS650 Custom is rated at 178 miles on one single tank. That probably includes reserve too, mind.

I'm sure you could make a bigger one fit, but that's pretty average for a 650 Draggie. I usually manage around 122 before I hit reserve, 119 when riding around town.

You could get one of those 2L camping fuel bottles and use that as a second reserve... I do that on some long trips.

Aye - I had a 5l metal jerry can strapped to the back of the sissy bar for that trip - had to make use of it only once though :)

I get about 120 before I hit reserve too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online