hello there

razz
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello there , just thought i`d say hello before i start me posts , i use a xj6 09 for commuting and she is the best of the best , does long hauls comfy too , i been riding since i was 6 and am now 40 :lol: my other toy is a blade , but hey , they say the xj is ideal for beginers , i recon its brill for everyone , right i`ll now find somewhere to post my exhaust question , i`ll put it here too tho , does any one recon a 2002 r6 four into one downpipe set will fit the 09 xj as she uses a r6 engine ish , one cos they cheap and two , i can then make fit a lot of different silencers as the replacement full system prices are rather high , cheers razz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the 'ward' Razz :huh::lol::mellow: , dunno if the 2002 pipes fit-but yeah I've heard that R6 headers will fit after you put a dent upperside of the horizontal section-to fit it around the sump-have a go and let us know how you get on B)

i most certainly will , if i go this route , it`ll be summer when it happens , as i use the xj 6 days a week and don`t wanna trash me blade in the winter , i`ve already come off the xj before xmas whilst riding to work in heavy snow , got court in a car track which took the front wheel out , only bent the rear brake lever up , but i did atleast get to see a gorgeous nurse in x-ray due to neck being naughty , but anyways , the other route for the exhaust would be to get the scorpion can that goes onto the standard box , but i`d remove the standard box first and cut it open and gut it out before refitment , atleast i`d know then it would all fit B)

ps , lots of info on this site :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online