Question for 2008 FZ1 Owners...

schmiffee
This post is 4993 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This question is to those out there that own or have access to an 08 FZ1 that they may be able to take dimensions from it for me....

I am wanting to add a more upright position to my TRX850. It already has the r1 forks, clipons, wheel, etc at the moment, but I was thinking of adding a set of flat bars. Now I already have a "graves" top clamp and am not keen on drilling that one out to fit risers, but was wondering if a top clamp off a 2008 FZ1 (USD fork model) would fit. To do this I need to know the dimension on the FZ1 top yoke - diameter of the holes where the forks get bolted in, and also the distance between the two forks (this latter question is to determine whether I would need to also install an FZ1 lower triple clamp as well - it currently has a r1 lower triple clamp).

I have called yamaha here in Australia, but they are unable to give me dimensions as they don't have them either - the guy actually recommended asking on forums (guess they know where the REAL knowledge is )

Anything else I may have missed would be greatly appreciated - I have taken clearance into account but as I am custom streetfightering, most things can be worked around.

Anyway, hope you guys'n'gals may be able to help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online