Xt 125 R 2005 piston

DeanG
This post is 4863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok got my piston today but I'm worried well...

Told my mate who helped me get the engine out to take the piston off for me last week - Which he did but I never saw a small end bearing and he didn't put it in the tub?

Came to reassemble today and couldn't find it - But its like it shouldn't be there... Theres the 2 circlips and the pin - where is the room for the small end? Or don't 4 strokes have small ends? never rebuilt one before (and no don't worry I know how to do timing so I won't be posting for help there lol)

Cheers for all the help :)

Edit:

Oh by the way I got all my parts from a Yamaha dealer :)

• 2 weeks later...

The pin just goes through the piston and conrod small end (oil first), then fit both cirlips. I've done a couple of full rebuilds on the ybr125 in the past year, and the xt (new type) is the same engine. Piston size is 54mm, not to be confused with the 57mm piston of the old xt (sr125).

Edit to add: get the scoring on the barrel sorted out first, don't be tempted to cut corners, it just costs more in the end (and leaves you standing at the side of the road, swearing at your bike).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes I Have an XT 125 X and in my haynes manual it has both XT 125 X / R they have the same piston which is a 57.00mm :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online