Dt125 2002 Will not Kick Over!!

Ablett88
This post is 4906 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys/girls, im new to this forum but i have been browsing over the past few days when my bike when wrong a few weeks ago and it seem i could get some advise from you all, i will give as much information as i can and it would be great to get some feed back.

So my brother used to own the bike and the piston blew so i got a rebore, new piston and rings and gaskets, put it all together and it started fine, but the powervalve wouldnt kick in, so i toyed around with the servo and looked up in the haynes manual if everything was working fine, to which it was. I then took off the tail pipe and tried to run it, it ran perfect, powervalve kicking in and everything, so i thought it must be the tail pipe blocked of some sort, so i took my mates tail pipe from his DT, Same model etc etc, it started took it around the corner and all power lost.

Since that the bike will not kick over and i am cluless to why, oil is going through fine, spark is coming from the plug everything seems to be in order i just can not figure out what is going wrong, after several days of this i just wish i could give up but i cant, i would appreciate some advise on what i can check to see if i can get this running.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text, if any of it doesnt make sence to you just come back with a reply and i will try to explain it in more detial.

Thanks.

Leigh.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was that a sarcastic comment ?

Fellow has been on very recently had problems, ran through the whole lot looking for the issue. Turned out he'd missed something obvious. I personally a while back spent several days trying to find why my DT didn't want to run. The new plug i'd fitted as the old one was messing about turned out to be a dud. Were just looking for the info to help.

Oh if OG intends to be sarcastic, you'll know. ;)

2 stroke needs only the basics, that being fuel,oil and spark. at the minute your 2 out of 3. Is there fuel getting through to the cyl.

Fellow has been on very recently had problems, ran through the whole lot looking for the issue. Turned out he'd missed something obvious. I personally a while back spent several days trying to find why my DT didn't want to run. The new plug i'd fitted as the old one was messing about turned out to be a dud. Were just looking for the info to help.

Oh if OG intends to be sarcastic, you'll know. ;)

2 stroke needs only the basics, that being fuel,oil and spark. at the minute your 2 out of 3. Is there fuel getting through to the cyl.

Thanks for the haeds up, yea its all flowing through, also put some fuel in the top to try get it started for a few seconds to see if it wasnt flowing through to see if that was the problem but it still doesnt want budge, i have ran out of ideas :/

Since that the bike will not kick over

but it still doesnt want budge,

Just clearing things up here,,,,,,,,,,,,I take it the bike will turn-over,,,,,,,,,Yes ?

next buy two new spark plugs they are cheap, it doesnt matter yours is sparking as you said, it may not be sparking propely under compression.

I have tried new spark plugs

Just clearing things up here,,,,,,,,,,,,I take it the bike will turn-over,,,,,,,,,Yes ?

Yes it does turn over

Ok were all on guesses here,

Everything you have said is questionable so far except.

1 It kickes over so it isn't siezed.

2 there is fuel in the tank.

3 there is a spark, though colour and strength unconfirmed.

Other than that were in the dark so a few questions.

You say you have a spark, bright blue that you can hear clicking as it jumps the gap or a lazy orange thing you can just see?

Fuel is getting through. To what, and putting fuel in the top wont work on a 2 stroke it will just go straight out the pipe or flood the cases. Is the plug wet, and by that i do mean physically wet with fuel.

Air filter condition, has it got one. Coolant, level changed since it was running. Same again with the gearbox oil.

There is absoloutly no viable reason for a tailpipe to make it run, what did you do to get the PV working. Checking connections, squirting wd in places, adjusted anything.

You said lost power, how? Suddenly, slowly, missfiring badly or just cut out. Any noises, clicks bangs whining etc.

Have you cleaned/checked the carb, just because fuel is coming from the tank don't mean its getting to the cyl.

This is not exhaustive and your originall post was by no means a wall of text. Were not psychic although we really do want to help. So even if you knock out a thousand pluss words discribing every squeak and rattle up to the problem we don't mind (probably the high point of some people's day). We do need feedback, yes and no answers are mostly useless. A discription of the effects and what you have done is far more usefull.

C'mon give us the details.....