Daughter's New Ride

xv535
This post is 5006 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My daughter has been looking for a new bike. She has been considering a Ninja 250 and we finally tracked one down. The problem was it was in southern Alberta....1160k's away. We left Prince George, in northern BC at 6:30 pm after she got out of university and drove 650k's to Edson Alberta where we got a motel room at 2 am. We slept for 4 hours and then drove 500 k's to Clarehome, Alberta to pick the bike up.

The bike is a 2008 ZZR250. She bought it from the dealer who had originally sold it new to an older local lady in 2009. Apparently she has two other bikes and never rode the 250 so she took it back to the dealer and asked him to sell it on consignment.

The bike has 238 km on the odometer, no scratches, still under warranty and runs like a charm. We were somewhat concerned that it may have been stored with fuel in the tank but the dealer said he had drained the tank and the carbs when the bike was stored in the fall of 2009. It took an hour to complete the documentation, pay and load the bike on the trailer. We then drove for 13 hrs back to PG, stopping only for gas. We were real lucky as the roads were clear of snow until we hit the Rocky Mnts near Jasper.

The best part is that my daughter offered the dealer $2700 and the offer was (obviously) accepted.

Here is a picture of my daughter talking to the dealer and a picture of the bike in the trailer when we arrived back in PG.

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yay another Ninja 250 rider :)

I like the pre-gen bikes. They've re-vamped them now, make them look like the zx6r, or the true "ninjas", like the one I have:

162981_10150121237525406_511320405_8251606_6594524_n.jpg

But yeah I really do like the old-style ones, she'll have hours of fun on it. It's quite a quick bike for a 250!!!

All the best to her, and wishing her a happy time riding it!

Chris

EDIT: Advise her to join one of the Ninja 250 forums. The best one I've come across is the one at Ninjette.org

Hi Chris

Nice picture.

My daughter wanted a black 250. She also prefers the new style but she said for the amount they were willing to take for this one, she could ride a blue '08.

I appreciate the previous comments you provided concerning the Ninja.

I'll pass your current comments on to her also.

Rocky

Congratulations, quite an epic jouney but obviously worth the result. It amazed me that the dealership (if the picture shows the dealer outside his shop?) sells bikes along side agricultural machnery, unless of course New Holland (a subiduary of the Ford Motor Company) have ventured into the two wheeled market in the colonies :D

Nice picture Chistofeser, is that Dee Snider from Twisted Sister under that Helmet???????162981_10150121237525406_511320405_8251606_6594524_n.jpg

twisted-sister-christmas.jpg

... It amazed me that the dealership (if the picture shows the dealer outside his shop?) sells bikes along side agricultural machnery....

Wot you on abaht? I see no Hardly-Ablesons there!

OP - sweet bike, hope she enjoys every minute on board - of course, being a caring parent you'll have to take it for a series of test rides, won't you? :D

Congratulations, quite an epic jouney but obviously worth the result. It amazed me that the dealership (if the picture shows the dealer outside his shop?) sells bikes along side agricultural machnery, unless of course New Holland (a subiduary of the Ford Motor Company) have ventured into the two wheeled market in the colonies :D

Nice picture Chistofeser, is that Dee Snider from Twisted Sister under that Helmet???????162981_10150121237525406_511320405_8251606_6594524_n.jpg

twisted-sister-christmas.jpg

Hahaa that because of the fluffy hoody I have underneath?

And no, it's a me, don't worry :)

"xv535" - comments are gladly given, I really stand by the bike and would have loved Yam to make something similar...

Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online