G'day Bruce!

threepot900
This post is 4844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just being polite and posting my first missive here.

I'm in the process of trying to get a 1966 YL1 twinjet back on the road, so any help with parts sources would be much appreciated. After that there is the 1975 DT400 (twinshock) meccano kit under the bench.

I won't mention the '81 Bonnie I'm building as a cafe racer, and the 1972 LWB Land-Rover that is supposed to be being converted to a camper.

Should you think I'm a total luddite, I've got an 07 KTM 950 supermoto for my daily ride at the moment.

What else do you want to know? I used to be a welder, but now I'm an anaesthetic nurse. My wife got me a job in theatres during a spell of unemployment, and its an indoor job with no heavy lifting.......or weld spatter!! Hobbies apart from bikes include model building, pets - dogs and fish- beer and reading books, mainly transport/history/politics/science/ and reference, although I do have a soft spot for Terry Pratchett and his discworld novels.

Cheers, Ewan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just being polite and posting my first missive here.

I'm in the process of trying to get a 1966 YL1 twinjet back on the road, so any help with parts sources would be much appreciated. After that there is the 1975 DT400 (twinshock) meccano kit under the bench.

I won't mention the '81 Bonnie I'm building as a cafe racer, and the 1972 LWB Land-Rover that is supposed to be being converted to a camper.

Should you think I'm a total luddite, I've got an 07 KTM 950 supermoto for my daily ride at the moment.

What else do you want to know? I used to be a welder, but now I'm an anaesthetic nurse. My wife got me a job in theatres during a spell of unemployment, and its an indoor job with no heavy lifting.......or weld spatter!! Hobbies apart from bikes include model building, pets - dogs and fish- beer and reading books, mainly transport/history/politics/science/ and reference, although I do have a soft spot for Terry Pratchett and his discworld novels.

Cheers, Ewan

Anybody that 'gets' Pratchett is ok with me.

Cant really see the leap from welder to nurse though, the mental image is like something from Halloween3, just worse.

g'day from soggy Brissie and welcome.

I found a few good places to get bits and pieces from. Even found a place that can make something called bushes ( still nor sure why I need them or what they are for)

g'day from soggy Brissie and welcome.

I found a few good places to get bits and pieces from. Even found a place that can make something called bushes ( still nor sure why I need them or what they are for)

Give them a ring and ask if they can give yours a trim rather than buy new. :)

Anybody that 'gets' Pratchett is ok with me.

Cant really see the leap from welder to nurse though, the mental image is like something from Halloween3, just worse.

That wouod be orthopaedic surgeons your thinking of!!!

No that would be my mate Bob who is a coded welder 6ft and counting approaching 18 stone and calls a spade a spade. In a nurses uniform :blink:

UUUGGGGGGGHHH :blink: my mind is forever broken..........

• Who's Online (See full list)