Advice needed please

stephenjreaney
This post is 5003 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Just thought that I would give this a go, just joined the owners club on the advice of a good mate of mine who said that someone could help on here.

I'm currently referbing my XVS 650 and working on the back end. I've removed the rear mudguard ok and am trying to take the rear wheel assembly off. Undone all the relevant nuts and bolts as per the haynes bible but then I hit the problem.... the back wheel does not slide out. It is though the splined drive shaft is stuck in the engine end (there is a bit of backlash, between a quarter and half an inch)

Please can anybody help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest martinread

Hi, I have just rebuilt my XJ750 and was wondering which bit we are talking about here, is it the wheel you can't get out or the drive shaft? The wheel should come off of the internal spline in the hub and then be easy to remove and the hub should be removed by undoing the 4 bolts just forward of the hub unit on the swing arm unit end, you then draw back the hub removing the splined shaft from the swing arm tube, this will leave you with the end of the drive shaft (the bit that goes onto the splined shaft) still attached to the 4 bolts on the engine final drive sprocket, you might find that there is a circlip holding the spline to the final drive part of the engine attachment and you will have to remove the rubber gaiter and undo the 4 bolts to get at it, it is a really tight fit to get a pair of circlip pliers in but with a bit of patience and a lot of swearing you can just reach around the drive shaft attachment to get the thing off. Hope that helps, otherwise give me a call.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online