YAMAHA DT175

deebs71
This post is 4993 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello fellow yammie fans.

Although I'm not really a newbie, its my first time posting, a few years ago, i bought a DT175, I thought there was somthing special about it when i first saw it,and the seller told me that he believed it to be an ex-works bike, I took it with a pinch of salt but bought it anyway (too cheap to walk away from !!), however when i stripped the engine, all internal webbing was different to all the other DT's I've stripped, con rod was thicker than standard and the crank was lightend and balanced. What i need to know is how do i get a log book for it to get it back on the road when the engine and frame no.s (2K4-0031**) aren't even listed for DT's in the clymer manual?

help me Obi-wan, your my only hope!!!! :)

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

2k4 a works chassis number i wish.

If it is even remoteley resembling one of the eighties works bikes it will look more likeTHIS An IT 175,

Broadly similar to the YZ but with a nod towards some road legality. Big engine differences inside, if you look the chain runs on the opposite side etc. Although funnily enough the barrel and piston will go straight on a regular 175, best of luck getting it to run ok though.

The DT175 was used as a privateer entry (I know that cos mine was)as it was a good bike, blew everything away in 78-80. Its why the bigger sw arm appeared to replicate the winning racers, (and the round one would crack if the bike was worked hard).

are you in USA?

2k4 is common in europe, mine is a 2k4. Not sure about the tuning though? ex works what? it's just a trail bike...lovely as it is it's no YZ...I dont understand :unsure:

Hi, no i'm from sunny lancashire, i just want to know a bit more about the bike, if its ever been registered, if so when etc.

Regards

Dave

Hi Oldgitonabike,

As soon as i learn how to upload photos, i'll post a picture on here. I'll have to get my 10yr old to show me how!! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online