riding in the rain.

scud
This post is 7266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all,well just got my bike gleaming :D .me and a mate thought it would be a good idea to visit my brother,330mile round trip, easy on a cat and ace,yeah lets do it in a day,tuesday sounds good.First 60miles great,oh dear are those rain clouds ahead i thought,looking towards the m6.84mile later on the m6 it was as though we had been droped into a fish tank,never mind the short m55 was okay that very cold wind would freeze us before it dryed us.

After several cups of hot chocolate and a couple of hours rest(all rock n roll) time to head back,by now dark and p,,,,,, down.YOU GET ALOT OF WATER OFF THOSE 40 TONNE WAGONS as you pass them,Visor totally misted up so you lift it a little and thats when the water starts to get on the inside,got onto the A69 and the roads were flooded and in the country it is very dark,very dark,got home,totally soaked and cold,but what a great time really.could not fault the bike,thought with all that water somthing would have failed,just great :D ,These fair weather bikers,tut tut.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Glad you enjoyed you trip despite the weather. I personally enjoy riding in the rain when I can you can learn a lot from it! :D

It is a good learning point to ride in the wet, it helps to get your head around driving when the roads have been wet overnight.

Also it scares you witless as there are a lot of drivers out there who have no idea about increased braking distances or straight line braking.

Doesent make my pants wet, just brown.... :D :shock: :D:D

I don't like riding in the hail because it feels like people are throwing things at you. Oh and I don't like it when I'm at the top of the M61 in a really stupidly heavy rainstorm when a nasty feeling tells me that somehow my flies are letting in water.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online