Return to Fender.... XVS 125 Bobber

Bazzcalland
This post is 4873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning Yamma Yobos...

Does anyone know wether a bobber fender for an xvs 650 is suitable for a 125.... or am i going to have to cut one from the old fender... and if i do cut one from the original do i chop the bridged framework

off the back of the bike.....

Also, if i put 11' shocks on her, do i have to adjust the chain??? i have so many questions.....

Bazz,....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Morning Yamma Yobos...

Does anyone know wether a bobber fender for an xvs 650 is suitable for a 125.... or am i going to have to cut one from the old fender... and if i do cut one from the original do i chop the bridged framework

off the back of the bike.....

Also, if i put 11' shocks on her, do i have to adjust the chain??? i have so many questions.....

Bazz,....

not sure if the 650 fender will fit as the 650 has a bigger wheel so most likely a bigger fender and fender bracket :D

if you cut the old fender (but leve the mount) then your going to have a massive gap between fender and tire.

if you cut the mount off then you need to find another way to attach the fender.

its sort of a catch 22.

iv done both and wish i didnt cut the fender as far as i did (you want to cut it about half way up the sides!) and keep the fixing holes.

then cut the fender mount off , then get 2 bits of metal, one end welded to where you cut the old mounts off and the other to follow the fender down to the mounting holes . say 12mm or M12 steel rod's should do the trick.

Hmmmmm, decisions decisions..... :blink:

I have seen pictures of xvs 125 bobbers where they have kept the original 12' shocks, and re-welded the :Dfender bracket lower on the back.

However it looks like the tyre would rub on the fender every time you went over a bump, and the road where i live are worse than bad..

i think ill go with the re-weld

dont suppose you could post a couple of pics (or links) of the xvs 125 bobers? iv searched google and havent seen any :( the re-weld sounds a good idea, but as you said, you need to check the clearance.

my is a steel unbranded one i had to cut it down as due to the angle of the curve it would foul the tyre

mine is mounted to the bridge on the frame you can add spacers if its too high

I cant figure out how to post pictures paul :bag: , but most of the ones i have been looking at are the ones of your bike... and a few similar to dan28's. :lol:

I ended up cutting off the fender bracket and i have managed to source a suitable fender... and i think its going to be welded just under the seat or on to the 'H' bar type thing on the swing arm (my thinking is that if i attach it to the swing arm the fender with move with wheel and never rub on the tyre..

ill show you guys some pictures..... as soon as i figure out how to post them :D

yeah i know what ur on about m8, i was gonna make a mount that fitted to the swing arm so it kept the rear fender low profile.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online