Rare find....

YamaHead
This post is 7268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....I was flipping through the newspaper today, & ran across one of these for sale......

Seca400.jpg

I haven't seen one of these anywhere, for sale in over 10 years

Back in the late 80's, I rode one just like this for over 40k miles.....regretted trading it in when I got my 3rd Seca 550......vowed if I ever found another, I'd be all over it like the perverbial raincoat :wink:

This bike is a handler & gets Great fuel mileage with a 5gal. tank 8)

It's already got a few mods done to it that I like....a V&H 2 into 1 pipe, SS brake lines & a small 1/4 fairing made by Rifle :tu

So, fingers crossed that the financing I applied for, will come through [-o<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, the other half & I went to have a look last weekend.....ended up throwing down $200 just to hold it till yesterday. The sales manager wasn't there then, but we got another salesman to agree to my XJ (as a trade-in) plus $600, which I thought was fair. So I went back yesterday, to sign over my bike & pay the remaining $400........only to find out that when the sales manager got wind of this deal, he turned into an outright ASSHOLE!......He got all bent outta shape because he couldn't stroke me for a 30% loan he thought he had me for. He tries to portray himself as the victim between myself & his saleman.....then comes across to me as if it's MY fault! :shock: ......I wanted to PostHole the guy! :evil:

I told him, Just give me my $200 back & I'm history!......this is what I get for trying to buy a Yamaha dealer. :roll:

After getting home last night from visiting my oldest son in the hospital, I find out he called twice, wanting to apologize up 1 side & down the other for his behavior.....which to me says: He's desperate & that I'm probably the only person to show any interest in this bike in the 4+ weeks they've had it!

So now, I'm fairly sure I'll be getting a call from him today, trying to kiss my ass, so I'll buy it.......who knows?....I might just end up with it after all, but on MY terms.

1 thing I know for sure......Life's too damn short to have to put up with Wankers like this! :roll:

Glad you gave him what for.

Can work the other way too though, we've had a bloke that puts deposists down and then changes his mind on the day he's due to pick them up. 4 times he's done it in 6 months. :shock:

Each time he's ordered accessories to be fitted aswell, so we waste time and money ordering them and the workshop waste time fitting them and then when he doesn't want them the workshop have got to take 'em of again and we can't send 'em back cos they're classed as second hand! :evil:

He has been told now that if he does it again we won't refund his deposit so we probably won't see him anymore!

Fortunately, I didn't change my mind about getting the bike.....just how I wanted to pay for it :wink: TBH, I like the bike, but I don't like it that much to have to tolerate Greedy Bastard Salemen :evil:

I've basically wrote off the whole deal as I haven't heard back from him.

So, I really haven't lost anything but a bit of time. :wink:

Just going to still keep my eye's peeled for a good deal on a Divvy 8)