Not resrtricted? But...

DeanG
This post is 4999 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Everyone says the XT125 isn't restricted. I have a 2005 XT125 R and when I came to cleaning the air filter yesterday I found a big rubber cover over the top of the air filter with 2 small holes either side to let air through.

Now tell me that isn't a restriction surely? I mean if I removed it, air will still be filtered - Just more of it... But then again that would mean a lean A:F so I'd have to rejet...

Thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its not a restriction, its to give the bike the correct fueling so it can achieve good mileage to the gallon, without it the bike will drink more fuel and be less economical and will do about 10-15 miles less on a full tank. put it this way with the petrol prices at a high and set to go up do you really want to remove it for a possible 2 or 3 mph gain in top speed?

if you dont care and have an extra £5 to put in the tank every week then take it out, put a bigger main jet in the carb and move the adjuster on the needle forward a notch then adjust the mixture screw to suit.

ride it like you stole it (yoink! :P soz up.yours ) then replace the piston rings and gaskets every year or so as they WILL wear out faster.

but personally id leave it as it is and get more miles for your money. then when you come to sell it you can boast it dose "X" amount of miles to the gallon/full tank which will be a strong selling point! :D

its not a restriction, its to give the bike the correct fueling so it can achieve good mileage to the gallon, without it the bike will drink more fuel and be less economical and will do about 10-15 miles less on a full tank. put it this way with the petrol prices at a high and set to go up do you really want to remove it for a possible 2 or 3 mph gain in top speed?

if you dont care and have an extra £5 to put in the tank every week then take it out, put a bigger main jet in the carb and move the adjuster on the needle forward a notch then adjust the mixture screw to suit.

ride it like you stole it (yoink! :P soz up.yours ) then replace the piston rings and gaskets every year or so as they WILL wear out faster.

but personally id leave it as it is and get more miles for your money. then when you come to sell it you can boast it dose "X" amount of miles to the gallon/full tank which will be a strong selling point! :D

Yeah I see your point - I'm not really for making it faster I was just wondering why the hell it was there lol - Personally I don't see the point in making these bikes faster because I'm just using it to pass my test on, and then I'll sell it!

Yeah I see your point - I'm not really for making it faster I was just wondering why the hell it was there lol - Personally I don't see the point in making these bikes faster because I'm just using it to pass my test on, and then I'll sell it!

soz for goin on a bit but it makes a change for someone not wanting to make it go faster lol B)

The biggest restriction of the XT125 is the big ally lump just under the tank behind the front wheel.

The biggest restriction of the XT125 is the big ally lump just under the tank behind the front wheel.

Sounds about right :lol:

Gets me to work and back, and itll sort me out for my test I guess

Until when I get myself a KTM 250 EXC

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online