N West Rally Blackpool

FZR AL
This post is 4884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Errr I just saw a forecast of rain and low pressure, Thursday...Friday ?

looking at this forecast we are ok for Friday, its the ride out on saturday what bothers me not going to be much fun if its pissing it down but it says only light showers

Myhttp://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Blackpool-UKXX0019 link

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well am packed " WD40, In one side pocket ,& 500ml of 2T. in other side, :rolleyes: . waterproofs layed out, fueled up . leaving 8 am, to Edinburgh, [ hate that dam bridge] in rush hour.

Thers a few leaving Newcasle / chester le street. . 2 from Paris . :o , yip riding two strokes. and loads from "Dan Sarf" , Faser al " see you at the bar in the coste de Blackpool , B)

have fun John and ride safe. There was always a lots of scots in Blackpool, especialy when it was their holiday weeks.

lets see you on the big one :lol:

Well guys , made it home " 285mls thru torrential rain, :huh: 4 hrs at a steady 70mph. , Old git & fazer Al are still ther , hope ther tents are not floating ,,:D , We had a good friday night, talking 1970s

strokers, Al "s mate Banjo , good crack too , Spent sat morning test riding all the different cc triples, 250/350/400, Al"s 400 is so smooth, old git thot so too.

Old git had his old DT175, & had a partial seizure on way to rally, as did a few others on 400s [ middle pot ] my phones f*ked with rain, so havn"t down loaded picks :(

Well guys , made it home " 285mls thru torrential rain, :huh: 4 hrs at a steady 70mph. , Old git & fazer Al are still ther , hope ther tents are not floating ,,:D , We had a good friday night, talking 1970s

strokers, Al "s mate Banjo , good crack too , Spent sat morning test riding all the different cc triples, 250/350/400, Al"s 400 is so smooth, old git thot so too.

Old git had his old DT175, & had a partial seizure on way to rally, as did a few others on 400s [ middle pot ] my phones f*ked with rain, so havn"t down loaded picks :(

just got back myself john about 2hrs ago, just been on the triples site and a lad as post some pictures and a video, look out at time of 105 old git (paul trying out the kh400 for size ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSOYiiCI4c

had a cracking weekend , weather not a bad as it was going to be , got piss wet through on the long ride out , and one of my float valve is stuck on the carbs so it was pissing out with fuel, paul got a bit pissed on saturday night,only noticed when we walked back in to the bar and paul statted doing a side step manovere while trying to walk forwards.

good news for paul though is we managed to squeeze is Yam in the van it was tight but we did it ! and my mate banjo who lives in rotherham is going to take him all the way home after he dropped me off in leeds

got a belter of a photo of me John,and Paul, which can post later, and i will link some video's of the ride out of the triples if anyone want to see them,

it would be nice to see some more yams there next year though, 2 stroke that is, and pauls up for it next year

cheers

al

i think there was 40 triples on saturday morning on the ride out ,it was great to see the air blue with 2 stroke,and people were turning round thinking what the hell is that racket

would love to have came to this just to see the triples... lovely stylish old girls and shame the video didnt have the sound of the bikes rather than the cheesy music :lol:

Maybe next year :)

Had a great time in Blackpool, hope to go again next year. Always good to meet a few of our guys at events and make new friends too.

Special thanks to FZR AL and Banjo who went to great lengths to get me home safely...true biker sprit and very much appreciated.

Now where can I get me a nice KH400

CHEAP :lol:

Hopefully I have a video of the rideout leaving I will post later

Had a great time in Blackpool, hope to go again next year. Always good to meet a few of our guys at events and make new friends too.

Special thanks to FZR AL and Banjo who went to great lengths to get me home safely...true biker sprit and very much appreciated.

Now where can I get me a nice KH400

CHEAP :lol:

Hopefully I have a video of the rideout leaving I will post later

No such thing as a cheap triple these days lol... wish i had kept my KH750 i had back in the day :)

Looks like you lot had a great weekend, some lurvly old machines in that vid you linked Al, where there ANY Yams there ? :unsure:

sounds like you all had a good weekend guys.

good one :)

Just mine Jim, all kwackers.

Bet you felt a wee bit out of place then-big change in the weather now, that good spell we had there has been brilliant B)

Ye lucky devils,,,,,,,out enjoyin yourselve

Looks like ye had a good time,,,,,,,,nice bikes too

here's me John (Blackhat), Paul (Old Git,) and my KH400

07052011267nwrallypauljohnal.jpg

Blackhat and his mate Andrew

07052011265andrewandjohn.jpg

The only other 2 stroke Yamhaha , apart from pauls we saw all weekend

08052011269.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online