New Member, new Yamaha YM1 owner

This post is 4869 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm a new member from the colonies (Canada) and joined as I'm a Yamaha owner once again. While my first bike was a Yamaha (1964 YA6, 125cc single) and my longest ridden bike was also Yamaha (1979 XS11, 17 Years), my recent purchase of a 1966 YM1 (305cc Catalina) is the only Yamaha in the shed.

I've been riding since 1967, currently campaigning a 2000 BMW R1100RT with 180K kms on the clock, and have a few too many projects, completed and not, filling up the available space. Interests are bike restoration, vintage racing, photography and snooker.

That's enough of the boring stuff. I'll make a separate post shortly but my immediate need is to find some bits for the YM1. All the tinware is good, and it's reasonably complete, but I need to find an oil pump and if possible the left side engine cover that it mounts onto. The previous owner bodged it up pretty badly somehow, and the pump casting is shattered and the pins (or bolts) sheared off in the case.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brock in Maple, Ontario, Canada

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the Y-O-C Brock :) , good intro m8, I'm sure there will be someone along shortly who can help with your bike 'woes'

Jim