calling electrical Gurus

drewpy
This post is 5001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thinking about wiring the tracker now and have accessed all the electrical sites, but want to pick your brain cells.

I need to find a low profile connector for the reg/rectifier. ATM they are in 2 parts, but it would be great if I could wire it with 1 x 9 pin connector which can be fixed to the ally plate within the frame.

Any ideas?

what would be the thickest wire i would need, I'm thinking 2mm for ignition and reg/rect.

any ideas?

also thinking of replacing the original connectors with waterproof ones, but there are loads out there, what do i need to choose the right ones. prob only talking 4 or 5 connectors

Any ideas?

having to put in relays, but they have no mouinting tabs. The only way i can think of mounting them is to cut closed cell foam and build a "nest" for them.

Any other ideas?

plenty there to be on with, come on peeps, talk to me B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks mate got that site along with auto electric supplies, electrex world, farnell, Vehicle wiring products, holden electrical, auto electrical components and Kojay cat.

nothing really solves the first problem. there must be something out there!

thinking like a flat bulkhead connector, but there's no corresponding female one!

Maybe 'The Foamster' could nick you something off a chopper ?

Maybe 'The Foamster' could nick you something off a chopper ?

now that's a good idea! :thumb:

over to you foams....

thanks, but needs to be a more secure connection, got alternator etc going through that and screws will just loosen.

thanks, but needs to be a more secure connection, got alternator etc going through that and screws will just loosen.

There will be nothing wrong with the secure connection as they lock together using that red palstic mech, and also can be screwed down to a mounting plate both sides,

It would take dynamite to seperate them

see the data sheet

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0dcb/0900766b80dcb152.pdf

There will be nothing wrong with the secure connection as they lock together using that red palstic mech, and also can be screwed down to a mounting plate both sides,

It would take dynamite to seperate them

see the data sheet

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0dcb/0900766b80dcb152.pdf

I can see that now, cheers Paul :thumb:

update

just orderd them, £20 posted :icon_eek:

Good job youre minted, could have picked them up for £12 at Stockport

I 'an't got time to go to stockport. new job doesn't finish till 5:30 now and itsa in Bolton

The 400 has a field current controlled generator, so you are a bit limited on what voltage regulator you use. If it was a permanent magnet type the later CB250 have a plug and no trailing leads and is a very neat solution.

Have a chat with Peter at electrexworld 01491 682369 (tell him Marcus from Rex's Speed Shop recommended them). They have many regulators that maybe suitable.

With the waterproof connectors I'd go for the standard universal car type available from AES or vehicle wiring products. Choose something that is widely used and very common to keep prices down and be able to get replacements if you ever need them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online