2 stroke running?

Cynic
This post is 5003 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know its a slightly odd question and i think i've put it up before many moons ago but!

Anybody out there know what causes a 2 stroke to 4stroke. Sounds stupid i know. My DT does it even after the rebuild. Runs smooth with big throttle but chugging in traffic and it starts to 4 stroke, its like a misfire but not. More every other ignition is a bit lacking and the engine gets a bit arsy. Like when they are full of smoke in the first 500yrds when they are cold.

I know she started her life on the enduro circuit and i've been less than kind but i'm curious. I can wind the throttle fully open uphill into the wind from 20mph in top and she will pull cleanly right up to 60+mph.

But chugging along at 0mph on snow :lol: I ended up riding MX style spinning her up. Lot of fun though esp riding round people stuck in all the traffic with a rooster tail of snow. :D

Just wondering, thats all. Carb is as the book plus a notch on the needle for the pipe. No leaks, good plug, starts ok ignition spot on (checked too many times thanks to a bad plug).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its the plug fouling up. 2 strokes need a good thrashing (like BWJ!)

I had a friend with a 2 stroke aprillia and that was 4 stoking, she was a learner and was riding too slow. the "italian servicing" soon sorted that out!

its the plug fouling up. 2 strokes need a good thrashing (like BWJ!)

I had a friend with a 2 stroke aprillia and that was 4 stoking, she was a learner and was riding too slow. the "italian servicing" soon sorted that out!

So its actually its running just about perfect for a 2 stroke, just a little too rich for town so when i spank the smarties off it on the country roads i have a bit of 'spare' to keep her just right fuel wise.

I just wonderd what it was thats all, goes well enough. Lifts the front in the first 2 cogs, on throttle and in third with a tug on the bars. So i'm hardly unhappy with the performance.

Just makes it a little loud trying to sneak away at 0415 in the morning. Y'know

Brrr, Brrr nearly little more choke, Brrr

:DGOOD MORNING BUGBROOKE :D

Dat Dat Dat Dat Dat :D:P

Just remembered taking my practicle test on a '79 kh125, 4 stroked below 30mph and that was a pain.

Luckily it was before the accompanied ride, so once out of eye sight, I gave it some welly.

I'm sure the assessor knew, chug chug past him, then out of sight and a wail of revs (had a micron pipe fitted) and blue smoke only to come back roung 10 secs later chug chugging along :lol:

had one of those wired disk brakes which were crap, good job the rear drum worked

must find a pikky of that....

Its almost certainly the notch up on the needle, mine did that in this video was a notch up (wasnt revving cleanly), put it back to standard and it was much sweeter. Go up a jet size instead, mine has a 140 instead of 130 in it with needle as factory set.

Yeh paul" has that spluttery rich sound, & fk me" dry pavements & sun :rolleyes: , i havnt seen the grass or road to house since mid november, still 6" packed snow here, another 3" this morning,:(

Fkn depessin ,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online