ybr brakes, air filter and bars.

jimbyatt
This post is 4920 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've got a 2010 ybr 125, done around 800 miles on it now commuting, utility and some just riding for fun and loving every minute. just wondering a couple of things really.

I've been ok with servicing and I've done an extra oil change, adjusted bits and bobs, fitted heated grips and stuff but the front brake really feels bobbins. it grabs under about 20mph and doesn't do too much over about 30mph. is it worth fitting a braided hose to it to get a bit more feel to it? I know they make a difference on bigger stuff and on mountain bike disc brakes (to which i'm more accustomed)but is it worth it on my bike? I've cleaned the rotor, scuffed the pads in and made sure it's all set up right and bedded in.

I noticed LOADS of water in the air box on the few occasions i've popped it out to look at he air filter, I'm carefull when i wash the bike but i do ride in rain and all sorts and the intake faces forward so it's a bit inevitable. There is a breather to the exhaust but is there a better air filter for the bike anyone knows of or again is it not worth it? I don't want to go faster, just to have the bike for a long time without it breaking down.

This one may sound daft but is anyone aware of some handlebars which are a little lower? I don't want a sports bike feel i just feel i want the bars a little bit lower, I'm 6ft1 and used to riding drop bar racing bikes fast with the bars right down and just feel i'd be a bit more comfy and controlled with slightly lower bars. they look to be a pretty standard size so I assume it's just a case of looking for a different shape bar with the same tube od(22.2mm.

sorry it's lots in one but I've been saving up over christmas. Any help even if it's just 'don't be daft, it is how it is' woud be appreciated. thanks Jim.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been ok with servicing and I've done an extra oil change, adjusted bits and bobs, fitted heated grips and stuff but the front brake really feels bobbins. it grabs under about 20mph and doesn't do too much over about 30mph.

Did you bleed the system ? Even a very small amount of air can cause problems.