Dt175 Original tyres

This post is 4996 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nearly finised my DT 175XM and am trying fo find some new original looking tyres.

Its easy to adopt alternative 'paw print'but ideally I'm looking for the square pattern in 2.75x21 front and 3.5x18.

Have ben searching for some time but the size and pattern keps turning up zip.

(Tried V Rubber -close but wrong size and stopped making them)

assistance,ideas very welcome.

Tks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i'm also looking into this Nick. Yambits do a 2.75 x 21 and a 4.00 x 18. The French seem to fit these 4.00 x 18's on their DTMX's.

I had a word with TY Trials and the chap there (John) said he was looking into supplying some early in the new year, not sure about 3.5 x 18 though...I think they will be hard come by, might have to go with the 4.00 x 18's

I think i will give TY trials a little time and ask again in a couple of weeks.

Heidenau K32 are right pattern but again 4.0 x 18 for the back.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/motorcycle-tyres/HEIDENAU/K32/

i'm also looking into this Nick. Yambits do a 2.75 x 21 and a 4.00 x 18. The French seem to fit these 4.00 x 18's on their DTMX's.

I had a word with TY Trials and the chap there (John) said he was looking into supplying some early in the new year, not sure about 3.5 x 18 though...I think they will be hard come by, might have to go with the 4.00 x 18's

Hello again OG..Thanks for this.

One of my friends is also restoring a DTMX. He has just found and fitted some vee rubber tyres and they are a really good match. The only issue is that th rear must be a 4.00 instead of a 3.5. Think I will follow this route as they look top. He sourced them from the Motorcycle parts centre in reading 527 Oxford Road

Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1HJ

0118 959 4341.

Give me a nod if you would like to see a pic.

cheers

n

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online