XVS125 fuel hoses

Joeschop
This post is 4853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, this is my first post (apologies I'm already asking for help). I have a 125 Dragstar that I'm trying to get running again for a friend. He has the usual carb joint perishing issues which i've bodged briefly while he saves up the cash to get a replacement, but I've run in to a little issue when putting the tank back on (yep - should've paid more attention to the fuel hoses when I disconnected them :rolleyes: ). I have 3 hoses coming off the fuel tap - the one that lets fuel out in prime and then one that comes off what i assume to be the vacuum for the main supply to the fuel pump, however, there is a T piece in the short length of hose from this. I can only find 2 hoses/connections on the bike though - a hose that goes straight to the carb (I assume this is for the prime) and a hose that goes to the fuel pump. Can someone tell me where the other hose goes coz I can't find a connector for it? Once I've got this sussed I'm going to try getting it running, but have a feeling I'm going to have to strip an' clean the carb and fuel pump (or bypass the fuel pump until he gets a new one as i think he's damaged/knackered it by running out of petrol twice). Thanks in advance for any advice you can give and apologies again for coming straight on for help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello and welcome to the forum :D id advice posting a hello (introduction) in the general section of the forum B)

right.... the pump should be ok (there quite resistant to damage) so no need to replace it, as to the carb joint the best thing you could do is use black electrical tape and wrap it, should sort it out till you can get a new one.

the hoses, im not too sure and its hard to explain, but il have a go.

the pump has 3 hoses (1.tank to pump, 2.pump to carb, 3.carb joint to pump)

if you blow down 1 it should come out 2, if you blow down 3 you will get resistance as it works by blowin and suckin to create the "pump" efect

now the carb should have a "in" pipe with a T connecter, one from pump(2) and one from prime on the tank.

thats how i think it goes but im not sure...tell me ur e-mail and i can send you a workshop manual on pdf that tells you everything you would need to know.

and your better off cleaning the carb while you have the tank off. B)

if your mate needs any parts theres a breakers near me that are breaking a xvs 125

if you still need adive with fuel pipes i may be adle to get a pic of mine

EDIT

mine has two on the carb one slightly below the other

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online