Glorious Reprieve

40MILERUN
This post is 4910 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right now she has a 2007 Suzuki GZ250 K7-Black. It has an interesting little engine… single cylinder 4-stroke with a double dome piston and dual intake and exhaust valves and dual exhaust pipes. It’s only rated at 20hp, but the one piston produces surprising low-end torch. We‘re just finishing up on a general refurbish.

The yak that had it before her drilled holes in the muffler and took all the stuffing out. He blued the pipes up pretty bad as well, so we’ve pulled them off and ordered new ones.

A ladder in the garage slid down the wall and landed on the rear fender (plastic), and took a 2-finger chunk out and split it, so we’ve ordered a new classic cruiser fender as well. The previous was a kind of bobbed off affair. The rest of the bike is in very nice condition (<1000 miles) and it should all be back together in a week or so. I was really surprised how affordable the factory parts were… we usually fabricate what we need, but this one is supposed to come out like scaled down version of mine.

No doubt we’ll take some pictures then. I should probably reduce the size of the next ones… didn’t realize how huge the ones I posted turned out.

Hopefully the shiny new muffler & pipes will take her mind off my ride. I’m thinking she should graduate to a 500 or 650 in a year or so after she builds up her skills. I’m looking forward to cruising with her this Summer… should be a real kick, which is what I’ll probably have to do to the herd of froth’n young billy goats she’ll attract.

Oh, Sir Dave, the biker babe/secretary look is totally calculated like the Spikes & Goth was a year ago. As a Dad I prefer the current softer presentation, but the knee-high black boots, torn fishnets and skull chains are still hanging about… part of the fun of having girls I guess.

40MR

I've been praying that my wife and I have all boys. We had to compromise on 3 urchins, as she wants 4 and I want 2. I know it's up to me as to whether we have boys or girls, just wish I had more control over it. Girls are just to complicated, I don't know how you do it, sir.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

John

I've got two daughters and they were never a real problem to raise. They've don the manditory dumb thins that everyone does. Years ago I regreted that we didn't have a boy to hunt and fish with, but as things turn out I very proud of both my daughters. The oldest has her Masters and the youngest is still in university. Both boys and girls can be difficult to raise. It takes a lot of hard work and good luck. You cann't be too lenient or too tough. Years ago I decided that my job was to give them enough slack that they could hang themselves but to pull the rope back just before they did. Would I do it again with two daughters...you bet!

Rocky

You're a brave brave man - posting up pictures of your daughter on the same forum as Sir Dave...

Sounds like she'll have a nice bike though - when all that's fixed up.

Chris

No doubt we’ll take some pictures then. I should probably reduce the size of the next ones… didn’t realize how huge the ones I posted turned out.

Ok, I've traced cause of my house lights dimming and a faint smell of burning plastic when I clicked on this post :unsure::D

Just recieved these from my oldest son.

I've mentioned his bike a few times, so thought I'd share... 2009 Yamaha Raider 1900.

These pics have been resized so as to not abuse anyone's residential wiring.

Keeps his garage way cleaner than I do mine!

r1900a.jpg

r1900b.jpg

r1900c.jpg

40MR

Bike looks great.

You're right about the garage...it's also cleaner and better organized than my shop. Perhaps you could subcontract him out to organize my shop.

It's great when everyone in the family rides! It's a common interest and common interests help to keep the family close. That's why I'm glad my family rides.

Rocky

John

I've got two daughters and they were never a real problem to raise. They've don the manditory dumb thins that everyone does. Years ago I regreted that we didn't have a boy to hunt and fish with, but as things turn out I very proud of both my daughters. The oldest has her Masters and the youngest is still in university. Both boys and girls can be difficult to raise. It takes a lot of hard work and good luck. You cann't be too lenient or too tough. Years ago I decided that my job was to give them enough slack that they could hang themselves but to pull the rope back just before they did. Would I do it again with two daughters...you bet!

Rocky

Well, I commend you. At this point I cannot imagine raising daughters, perhaps if forced into it I will see that it's no real issue *shrugs*

John,

Daughters are joy in ways that son can’t. It’s just that (as a guy) you have to learn to shift gears a bit to know how to bring ‘em along. I think you have to stay as close to them as possible (let them share in what you do) because they tend to grow independent quicker than boys. Both of my daughters learned to ride motorcycles at 8 y/o, shoot at 12 y/o, to handle power tools and to hold their own in a conversation with men all along the way. At the same time, they’ve been honor students and look their best in a cocktail dress.

My oldest spent a Summer working as an official ‘Budweiser Girl’ at Sturgis and some of the other major U.S. motorcycle gatherings (her grandfather worked Staff so we had an eye on her). As her father, I had my concerns, but I knew she had the self confidence, intelligence and adequate exposure growing up to handle herself. Now she’s a conservative soccer-mom of two and with her accounting degree, she runs a string of auto detailing shops in Florida.

The stronger and smarter you help them become, the fewer real worries you encounter.

Like Rocky said a few posts back… ‘you have to give them enough slack’… (just don’t let go of the rope). I’m sure you’d do fine.

40MR

John,

Daughters are joy in ways that son can’t. It’s just that (as a guy) you have to learn to shift gears a bit to know how to bring ‘em along. I think you have to stay as close to them as possible (let them share in what you do) because they tend to grow independent quicker than boys. Both of my daughters learned to ride motorcycles at 8 y/o, shoot at 12 y/o, to handle power tools and to hold their own in a conversation with men all along the way. At the same time, they’ve been honor students and look their best in a cocktail dress.

My oldest spent a Summer working as an official ‘Budweiser Girl’ at Sturgis and some of the other major U.S. motorcycle gatherings (her grandfather worked Staff so we had an eye on her). As her father, I had my concerns, but I knew she had the self confidence, intelligence and adequate exposure growing up to handle herself. Now she’s a conservative soccer-mom of two and with her accounting degree, she runs a string of auto detailing shops in Florida.

The stronger and smarter you help them become, the fewer real worries you encounter.

Like Rocky said a few posts back… ‘you have to give them enough slack’… (just don’t let go of the rope). I’m sure you’d do fine.

40MR

I have a 25 year old son and an 18 year old daughter.

From an ex Royal Navy submariner.

I salute you!

I have a 25 year old son and an 18 year old daughter.

From an ex Royal Navy submariner.

I salute you!

A Nuke Squid, eh?

I never rode ‘em, but I spend 4 years in the early 70’s in a U.S. Navy Nuclear Engineering Support Team (machine tool operator). We travelled around the planet meeting up with busted boats wherever they could surface to rebuilt valves, pumps, periscopes, etc.

You're about 2 years my senior. I guess we both started our families a little later in life.

I salute you right back!

40MR

I feel a rendition of the Y-O-C anthem coming up :blink:

I always get confused when I hear that song. I never know whether I want to be the Fireman or the Policeman.

Maybe I should just sit here and drink while I watch the rest O'ya dance.

40MR

Everyone with daughters, I hope I do half a good of job as you. If I have any, of course.

I've already got my speech ready if and when she gets married.

"I'm not just losing a daughter, I'm gaining a bathroom"

I've already got my speech ready if and when she gets married.

"I'm not just losing a daughter, I'm gaining a bathroom"

and plug holes with no hair in them :lol:

A Nuke Squid, eh?

Not a Nuke Squid. I'm a bit surprised you haven't recognised what type of boat my avitar is.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online