XT 125 R Starting query

DeanG
This post is 5010 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey,

Hate joining a forum with a question - But I got my first Yamaha today (2005 XT125 R) as my first roadbike on CBT (sigh)

Anyway, never seen this before but the electric start only works when the bike is in neutral... Is this normal? Even if I pull the clutch in it doesn't even try :S

It kick starts fine with the clutch in, but its handy to be able to start in any gear in those embarrassing moments at the lights without trying to find neutral!

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doesnt sound right does it Dean.

What happens if you start the engine in neutral, put the sidestand down, pull in the clutch and then put it into gear?

does it stall? i'm wondering if the clutch switch isnt operating :unsure:

welcome to the forum BTW...Paul

Faulty neutral/sidestand/clutch switch(es) or diodes.Check the wiring to each switch & the switch itself, and check the diodes. Is what the XTR/X 05-09 manual & I suppose most say .

Not to dificult a job with a multimeter,

Good luck with it & welcome :)

Ok thanks, had a bit of a bump in the ice - Think I've fractured my knee or something so I can't get into the garden to work on it... When I get a chance I'll check it over.

Thanks for your help :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online