New(ish) Member

millietant
This post is 4927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having added replies to a few posts already, I then noticed a post regarding new members who don't introduce themselves.

Luckily, I haven't had any problems or needed any advice, so I hope I'll be forgiven for my little oversight.

So, with that out of the way, HELLO to everyone on here and a Very Happy New Year.

I've been riding bikes now for over 35 years, starting with a FS1E and ending up for the last 24 years with FJ1200's (amongst many others) - My wife also rides a Yamaha, a Fazer 1000 (as well as her VF 750).

My favourite biking hobbies are:-

1) the Nurburgring (done too many laps to count - or think about the cost of);

2) touring Europe with Liz and the kids ;

3) off-roading (especially in Devon);

4) blatting around the north of England and the Scottish borders with friends ;

5) restoring, modifying and tinkering with bikes from the 70's to the 90's ;

That's enough about me for now, you've probably got the gist - old git bike-anorak. Looking forward to meeting up with a few like-minded souls over the coming years.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome miletant " [ citizan Smith] :D I have seen your posts ,& thot i"d missed your intro. I had a Garelli Tiger wen 16. all my mates from scool had a sixteener,---- fs1e, Casal,Gilera, ss50, ktm. ,

Was a Great erra in motorcylcing, was common for up to 15 sports mopeds to be lined up at the local chipper,B)

I see you like offroading, 4x4, or with your TL125, ? Am A restrorer too [ wen money allows] Got a KH250 1979 , in boxes at the moment, hers my Zed 1000, did last year. [ now sold]

zed1000010.jpg

Welcome miletant " [ citizan Smith] :D I have seen your posts ,& thot i"d missed your intro. I had a Garelli Tiger wen 16. all my mates from scool had a sixteener,---- fs1e, Casal,Gilera, ss50, ktm. ,

Was a Great erra in motorcylcing, was common for up to 15 sports mopeds to be lined up at the local chipper,B)

I see you like offroading, 4x4, or with your TL125, ? Am A restrorer too [ wen money allows] Got a KH250 1979 , in boxes at the moment, hers my Zed 1000, did last year. [ now sold]

zed1000010.jpg

Cheers Blackhat, luv that Z and co-incidentally my first real bike was KH 250 B2 in '77 9 I'd love another, but no room in the garage at the moment).

I've tinkered with many bikes over the years, my favourite being a '73 CB500F we mono-shocked (home-built) and completely re-worked in the mid 80's. CMM magazine did a full spread on it a few years back. Right now I'm on with updating one of the FJ's - USD forks, 17" rear wheel, big bore kit, Kent cams, flowed head, R1 brakes etc, etc, etc, and have started on the TL restoration - it was used off-road by many of the family but now is semi-retired.

Funnily enough, I like off-roading in both cars & bikes. Went out in the desert this summer at Moab in Utah and had an awesome day - did Hell's Gate, Hells Revenge and Wipeout Hill amongst other things. Back at hone we have a Nissan Navara which I play in off-road, but nothimg serious. On the bikes, we tend to use the CRF and the GY - I get out with my youngest Ryan, but in Devon, I've used a Suzuki RMX 450F (Liz and Ryan used DRZ 125's). Here's a couple of pictures - hope you like them.

4x4'ing in Utah

ixw3ux.jpg

Ryan waitng for me to unload the bikes after a day Off-Roading.

am3vyb.jpg

Great pictures millietant. I do a bit of off roading myself. I have a 2006 F350. I can, however, be a bit expensive when you screw up. An a long wheelbase makes some spots a bit challenging.

Happy New Year.

Rocky

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online