1984 Yamaha FJ600

HeavyStella
This post is 4939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, Newbie here. I am the second owner of a 1984 FJ600 with 5,587 kms. I am interested in selling but I honestly think this is more than just a 26 yr old bike. 100% original except for a rear turn signal, carb valves/seats plus I added a fuel filter just after the tank. I would post images if I could figure out how - advice sought in this regard or I can email pictures upon request. Colours are red/black/silver/grey. If zero is a wrecker and ten is still in the box (mint) this bike is probably an 8.5 or 9. Carb valves and seats need to be unstuck - new rubber is recommended because even that is original. The machine turns heads. I am posting here because I value the opinion of Yamaha enthusiasts over eBay treasure hunters. I also have the CycleWorld review from 1984 scanned. [email protected]. Thanks for your insight. Derek

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need a 'photo-bucket' account or similair Derek for the pics, there is a 'for sale section' in the forum too I think this should be in there ;)

oh, and sounds like a nice bike

It makes no difference what any of us think, unless someone dips their hand in their pocket. The only way to say for sure what it's worth, is to take it to market. Check out similar machines, regardless of condition and advertise it at the price you think it's worth and would be happy to accept. If you get no interest you'll know it's not worth what you thought it was, and if it sells you'll have the money you are happy with, regardless of whether it's worth more or less.

Plenty of good quality photos are a must if your looking for top dollar.

Good posting Leatherat" timing is also important, nothing is selling at the moment [ ebay] esp bikes, try end of February, wen the weather gets better, ;)

And welcome Heavy sella" , :)