minimoto

Guest JMW
This post is 7274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I gotsta have me one !

A mate of mine owns a chinny take away and whilst talking to him tonite, a noisey, smelly single cylinder 2 stroke pulls up outside. Thinking it was a nasty effort of a scooter or something I was pleasantly suprised !!

I'd love to stick some images up but got no uploader yet - sorry - but anyhow, the damn thing is a 47cc single and it's about 2 ft high, sporting Dunlop slicks and looking pretty mean.

I got takling to the guy and it turns out there's a whole gang of them in town but got no place to ride them legally - instantly made me wonder how he got to the shop ??? at night ??? with no lights ??? and skid lid ???? and no reg... but the thing goes like holy hail Mary - full of grace !

He's ridden the mini ripster about 3 miles to get his supper and I have to say, it looked so cool. Everyone passing by stopped to have a gander - I gotta get me one. Then I instantly thought, I know a bunch of people who would moan and say stuff like 'uuuh, no insurance - he's the reason for our premiums going up!' - maybe, maybe not but I had real flashbacks to my first RG500 back in 1988 and the loss of my license for the first time shortly after, due to some big misunderstanding about me going at an average speed of 120mph in a 40 zone (it was 2am and on a local urban bypass with barriers and no other traffic me lud...' :oops:

Oh what it is to be young and a hoodlum - kinda miss those days :?

Mentalism !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We've got a polini Ducati rep (the mot gp one) mini bike in our lounge. :D:D:D

But i'm not allowed to use it cos I break things :cry:

NT you lucky girl!....I sure miss working around bikes like I used to :lovex ......getting to sample a variety of machinery 8)

Those MiniMoto's are sure the rage over here too.....They slip right into a loophole in the law right now though......NO license or insurance required :shock: .......YET! :wink:

We've got a polini Ducati rep (the mot gp one) mini bike in our lounge. :D  :D  :D  

But i'm not allowed to use it cos I break things :cry:

U can break anything of mine that you care to !!!! :oops: well, almost.

It suprised me that the guy was so friendly, turns out that a dealership is about to open up in town selling these things, £225 buys you a starter - the basic. Going up to a grand or so..... gotta do it when I get back to a good job which looks imminent.

Work - there's a scary concept after being out of it for 8 months but the bank balance is kinda screwed so gotta do it :cry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online