maxster starting trouble

gramos
This post is 5026 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , I cant claim to be a real biker but I did bring my nephews Maxster 125 out here to Greece in the back of my van , 4 years ago to ride the mountain roads . I also brought out my old Healey which is even better ! , ok enough about me .

Max is getting a bit stroppy about starting recently , and I am hoping you guys could help , ?

So it went like this , starting up in summer was ok , not great , then battery died so bought new 18 months back , now perfect . new CR8 plug cleaned airbox new filter and service ., then one day it was very stubborn and after zapping it with a booster it went and I rode off after 3 km it died and wanted me to push it home ! I thought it was a lightweight until that day ! so took all panels off and stripped carb , it was all cleaned and re fitted , checked tank ,lines spark - all good . 2 weeks back took it out for 20 km s ride and wouldnt start to come back , tried everything until flat batt , then had a jump start it went . a few days passed then no start again so researched and decided it was the petcock so fitted new one today and after fuelling staight into carb throat it fired and ran . but after cooling it wont start again! so now I,m hacked off and would really like some mechanical therapy , any suggestions please ? thanks , gramos

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi , I cant claim to be a real biker but I did bring my nephews Maxster 125 out here to Greece in the back of my van , 4 years ago to ride the mountain roads . I also brought out my old Healey which is even better ! , ok enough about me .

Max is getting a bit stroppy about starting recently , and I am hoping you guys could help , ?

So it went like this , starting up in summer was ok , not great , then battery died so bought new 18 months back , now perfect . new CR8 plug cleaned airbox new filter and service ., then one day it was very stubborn and after zapping it with a booster it went and I rode off after 3 km it died and wanted me to push it home ! I thought it was a lightweight until that day ! so took all panels off and stripped carb , it was all cleaned and re fitted , checked tank ,lines spark - all good . 2 weeks back took it out for 20 km s ride and wouldnt start to come back , tried everything until flat batt , then had a jump start it went . a few days passed then no start again so researched and decided it was the petcock so fitted new one today and after fuelling staight into carb throat it fired and ran . but after cooling it wont start again! so now I,m hacked off and would really like some mechanical therapy , any suggestions please ? thanks , gramos

Hmm

does the bi valve (auto choke) still work and the resultant pipe work still intact ? If it does, perhaps the fault lies within the choke circut of the float chamber. With adding fuel to the venturi and the engine starting from that then dying this bears this out best you check out everything correctly !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online