Rev counter / tachoemeter faulty

A5H
This post is 3732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone! i just bought my ybr 125 but while riding a noticed that the rev counter is not working and also the speedometer keeps showing 0mph. I rode about 20 miles but the counter stills says 01 mile can anyone help me with this issue please. Thanks! It's still on warranty but i am thinking if any loose screws creating this problem??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah +1.

Fecking about with it, however minor, will likely invalidate your warranty.

Let the dealer sort it - That's what the warranty is for.

Who knows, you might get a few little extras out of it, too!

Yeah +1.

Fecking about with it, however minor, will likely invalidate your warranty.

Let the dealer sort it - That's what the warranty is for.

Who knows, you might get a few little extras out of it, too!

Thanks for the advice!! :-)

Hey i went to the dealer and he fixed it!!!

The reason was that the wire connecting the front wheel to the tachometer was a little shorter than the isolator covering it.

That explains why the tachometer was only working when crossing bumps on road.

But i got no extra for it but my bike ran further than it shows on the mileage counter! 0_o

Also i encountered some riders who had the same fault including fuel meter not working when riding a brand new ybr 125.

• 3 years later...

hi there i have an 09 YBR 125 ESD, the rev meter/tachometer is not working anymore,it won't show above 5000 rpm(even at full taps),it used to work fine,ive already checked battery conections,and cleaned out dirty connections in the plugs behind the tachometer,I'm not shure if the rev gauge is mechanicaly driven off the crank,or if it is electronic...I prefer working on the bike myself so if anyone can suggest a DIY sollution for the problem...PLEASE HELP!!! - regards from SA

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online