DT indicators

burton500
This post is 5022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Finally managed to sort the electrics out on this bike, and am now ready to get some indictors. Anyone know what indicators belong on this model i.e. chrome? black? Also do the front indicators mount on the bars?

Many thanks for any advice.

Lee

013djg.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Finally managed to sort the electrics out on this bike, and am now ready to get some indictors. Anyone know what indicators belong on this model i.e. chrome? black? Also do the front indicators mount on the bars?

Many thanks for any advice.

Lee

013djg.jpg

They are black plastic with big round lenses, around 2-3 inches acrossand yes the front ones do mount on the bars. Look ok work pants. Personally, well i literally binned mine INCLUDING the frame brackets thanks to a smarty pants mot man.

They are dim and slow and a waste of time, other than that there are LOADs of them on the bay.

Although I havent had them fitted from day dot. I recently tested mine one the bench at work, they worked just fine nice and bright despite the 6V electrics. I take it you have no indicators then Lee? do you have the relay?

I've got the relay, now just need to get some NOS or pattern indicators. I had been testing the wiring with a multimeter before sourcing the indicators. I wasn't getting a reading, but that turned out to be dirty contacts in the switch. Quick clean and a spray of contact cleaner and now all ok.

Lee

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online