Wiring loom XVS950A

LWC
This post is 5022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've had my 950A since March 09, I ride all year round and have clocked up about 22000 with only one problem.

The lights went on the bike and it turned out to be a corroded wiring loom which had been sat in a pool of salty water.

Yamaha replaced it with no problem but stated they had never come across this before. Seems to me a design flaw if water has no where to run.

Anybody had this problem and found a work round solution. If it's happened once it will happen again especialy in winter when the hose pipe is always out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had my 950A since March 09, I ride all year round and have clocked up about 22000 with only one problem.

The lights went on the bike and it turned out to be a corroded wiring loom which had been sat in a pool of salty water.

Yamaha replaced it with no problem but stated they had never come across this before. Seems to me a design flaw if water has no where to run.

Anybody had this problem and found a work round solution. If it's happened once it will happen again especialy in winter when the hose pipe is always out.

Where was the water pooling? Could be worth everyone else keeping an eye on? I've abandoned my 1300 until spring, relyng on my trust fazer to get about.

You might want to ask HERE as well to see if anyone else has come across this?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online