dtr 125 rame number

adyrob
This post is 5028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my son has a dtr 125 that he has used for some time of road but he has kept well now he wonts to put it back on the road he as all the lights and things to go back on as we bought it with no pappers and no reg plat we dont know it's age i did have the bike checked at my local police station and the vin number frame number and engen number wher all fine and it wosent stolen it had no keeper loged as it had been a repo all we had to do wos appliy for it's doc's but my son ternd it in to a of road bike so we dident.

he repainted the fram ready to go back on the road and hes lost the vin plate kids ive got a v55/5 and a v149 from dvla but karnt tell the age of bike all we have is the frame number

*3MD-008588 * THANKYOU ADRIAN

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

3MD-008**** is from Jan-Dec 1990.

I think you will have to contact Yamaha UK, iirc they keep a record of all their bikes that are road registered. You will have to send them the frame number and engine number and they should be able to send you the registration number the bike was originally given ( for a price of about £40 last time i heard though). Then you will need to apply to the dvla for a new V5c.

The alternate route is to get the bike Q plated, i have zero knowledge of how to do this though, so can't help.

I'm not 100% on the above so maybe someone else can advise you a little better.

HTH

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online