Shiney new (to me) Dragstar Midnight

Blam
This post is 4999 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just took delivery of my new toy, a Dragstar 650 Midnight.

vstar-sml2.jpg

vstar-sml3.jpg

Completely standard other than an alarm. Hell, even the tyres are the originals! I'm going to have to do something about those indicators and those mirrors though. I know they're standard, but they look terrible :-( Seriously, what were the designers thinking?

Can't wait for the snow and ice to clear up so I can get her out on the road!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just took delivery of my new toy, a Dragstar 650 Midnight.

vstar-sml2.jpg

vstar-sml3.jpg

Completely standard other than an alarm. Hell, even the tyres are the originals! I'm going to have to do something about those indicators and those mirrors though. I know they're standard, but they look terrible :-( Seriously, what were the designers thinking?

Can't wait for the snow and ice to clear up so I can get her out on the road!

Hi, I've got the 250 version (04), I passed my test last May, I have the same indicators (each to their own, I like them)but mine has round mirrors which I also like, I agree, your rectangle 1's look bad on such a nice bike!!! I would prefer alloy wheels, I'm not 100% on the spoke wheels we have on ours. After my 2 years are up on the restricted licence I was hoping to upgrade but only wanted to go up a little, perhaps 400cc-600c but am I right in thinking (& what I've been told)that the 650cc is my only upgrade option?

Enjoy ya bike!

P.S, I'm looking for a cover, you recommend any?

Very cool!!

Those indicators are very good at doing what they're supposed to - Get noticed by other drivers. They have the same ones on the V-Max, apparently.

Thanks guys (and girls) :-)

P.S, I'm looking for a cover, you recommend any?

Yeah, a garage :-P

Yepp defo new mirrors and indy's.

I bet it pulls like a fucking train though! Love the engine colours.

Also, have a look at some pipes. It is beyond me why Yamaha put a minging stock set on EVERY thing out of the star range. Search ebay or something.

How old is it? And how much did it set yer back?!

Chris

Yepp defo new mirrors and indy's.

I bet it pulls like a fucking train though! Love the engine colours.

Also, have a look at some pipes. It is beyond me why Yamaha put a minging stock set on EVERY thing out of the star range. Search ebay or something.

How old is it? And how much did it set yer back?!

Chris

Not had a chance to take her out yet (too much snow, too little time), but I'm hoping for something a little more laid back than my previous steed (a Honda VF750C).

For pipes, I'm looking longingly at some Hard-Krome 3" Res-Tech Drags in black (http://www.sscustomcycle.com/products/pipes/Yamaha/v-star650/v-star6502.shtml - about half-way down the page), but thats for later next year when I have a bit more money spare. Indys and a fender extender are definitely the priority on a very long list of ideas though :)

She's an '05 plate, so about 4 years old.

As for how much? Money and kind words :P

Ahh I see,

Take her out and tell us what she's like!!!!

It's always a massive difference, I ride a Ninja and a Dragstar 125. Most people would choose the Ninja any day to go for a ride - but it's always refreshing now and again to hop on the draggy - not only for the comfort but just cos it's a great little bike.

Yeah you'll notice the difference with some nice 'zorsts on there, definitely worth the money when u can get at it - albeit a pricey option.

Hope you enjoy many hours on her ;) name yet?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online