TRX 850 running fault

jaufrenie
This post is 5024 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own have owned a 1998 TRX for 8 years, and it is virtually original with only 8000 miles on the clock. Work/maintenance during this time has been new tyres, oil and filter change, new battery and cleaning the brake pistons. Recently when starting, it initially cracks up on the RH cylinder, then the other cracks in and bob's your uncle; gradually it takes longer to fire on both, and now will not crack-up the LH cylunder at all. I think the plugs were changed about 7000 miles ago, so is the possible fault? I have tried removing the LH plug with the toolkit spanner but due tight working space, cannot get it in the hole (ok so am nearly 70). Any ideas on the problem; do I have to unsecure the rad?

Mike Gregory

[email protected]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I own have owned a 1998 TRX for 8 years, and it is virtually original with only 8000 miles on the clock. Work/maintenance during this time has been new tyres, oil and filter change, new battery and cleaning the brake pistons. Recently when starting, it initially cracks up on the RH cylinder, then the other cracks in and bob's your uncle; gradually it takes longer to fire on both, and now will not crack-up the LH cylunder at all. I think the plugs were changed about 7000 miles ago, so is the possible fault? I have tried removing the LH plug with the toolkit spanner but due tight working space, cannot get it in the hole (ok so am nearly 70). Any ideas on the problem; do I have to unsecure the rad?

Mike Gregory

[email protected]

Firstly swap the plug leads arround,,,,,,left on right and right on left,,,,,,see now does it only fire on the RH cylinder

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online