DTR 125 kicks over?.. or not.

Jasee
This post is 5028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey so i've just joined this site, and i've owned my yamaha dt125r for about a month now, the pistons have just been changed so i have been told to ride it smoohthly, which i have, and today my bike is all of a sudden just not kicking over, with the fuel off sometimes it kicked over, then i put the fuel back on and choke up and it runs for about 5 seconds, but still struggling as im pulling the throttle it seems like the throttle isnt working, but its not sticking or anything. so we tried to bump start it in 1st gear but still did the same thing and jumps while i get it going, then cuts out after a few seconds, we bump started it again i got it from 1st into 2nd, but still bike was jumping. it seems like the spark plug has gone, but my mate said it could be my battery or misfiring? but my brother said it cant mis fire as its a 2 stroke, we can get it started up SOMETIMES(after practically hammering at the kick start with my foot for about 5 minutes) but it simply cuts out after a few seconds even keeping the revs up as high as we can. it has never been like this and only started doing that today. i cant ride it and its stuck at my mates house, it normally kicks over first time and since it was warm, as i rid it for about 30 minutes before hand it should have kicked over fine. its just simply not kicking over properlly and was wondering if anyone can help, its year 2000 if that helps anyone

help will be greatly appreciated :)

OVERVIEW:

it jumps while it gets going and cuts out after a few seconds. very hard to start up but still cuts out after a few seconds (never been like this) it makes jumping noises while pulling throttle too.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be flooded, is it indoors? if so take the spark plug out for a couple of days. if its outside cover with a tarpaulin when the plug is out. Get a new spark plug before you try again.

its outdoors, and yeah im thinking its the spark plug too, gonna try fix it tomorrow and will let you know whats up with it, my brothers gonna help me hes pretty good with bikes he had a yamaha fzr 400

cheers :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online