XS 400 timing chain

warkilt
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey i have been trying to remove the timing chain from my xs400 and i can't seem to get it out in my manual it says to use a spanner to hold the rotor so the chain doesnt move but now i got my wrench stuck on the bolt for the chain guide anyone have a idea how i may be able to remove the chain? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey i have been trying to remove the timing chain from my xs400 and i can't seem to get it out in my manual it says to use a spanner to hold the rotor so the chain doesnt move but now i got my wrench stuck on the bolt for the chain guide anyone have a idea how i may be able to remove the chain? Thanks

the timing chain is endless, that means to take it off and put a new one on, you need to totally strip the bike down.

the other way is to cut it and buy a special chain with a soft link. I don't recommend that you do this but let a mechanic sort it!

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online