what happened next

dtftw
This post is 5024 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

good afternoon, thanks again for the help with the "dt 50 mx breakdown". Although after getting it going again the same thing happened but this time I cleaned the carb drained the fuel tank, checked the filters, checked the barrel for any crap and just generally gave it a thorough rountine maintenance job, now it will start but as soon as it fires up, it dies again. I managed to get it going for ten mins or so and the same thing happened, then it was back to starting and instantly dieing again. any suggestions would be a great help because after the ammount of money i keep throwing at it i am seriously considering leaving it on the train tracks, cheers, Jack.

by the way, i wouldn't actually leave on the tracks, that way it would be on the news and i would have to look at the damn thing agin, so i might just set fire to it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good afternoon, thanks again for the help with the "dt 50 mx breakdown". Although after getting it going again the same thing happened but this time I cleaned the carb drained the fuel tank, checked the filters, checked the barrel for any crap and just generally gave it a thorough rountine maintenance job, now it will start but as soon as it fires up, it dies again. I managed to get it going for ten mins or so and the same thing happened, then it was back to starting and instantly dieing again. any suggestions would be a great help because after the ammount of money i keep throwing at it i am seriously considering leaving it on the train tracks, cheers, Jack.

by the way, i wouldn't actually leave on the tracks, that way it would be on the news and i would have to look at the damn thing agin, so i might just set fire to it.

have you tried running it with the petrol cap off,it may have a blocked breather hole,thus causing a vacuum so after a while no fuel will flow out,worth a try.

have you tried running it with the petrol cap off,it may have a blocked breather hole,thus causing a vacuum so after a while no fuel will flow out,worth a try.

cheers mate, i'll give it a shot

When you say cleaned carbs ? did you take out jets, ? sounds like pilot jet , , take all jets out , make shure there see thru clean , ;)

When you say cleaned carbs ? did you take out jets, ? sounds like pilot jet , , take all jets out , make shure there see thru clean , ;)

no jet wash with fairy liquid :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online