frozen ??

redbaron
This post is 5036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there all many thx for ur time and help i got the old girl going -started the battery was fine it was the starter button that seems 2 be the prob i bypassed the cylonoid and she started i think the starter bud has gone :D

SO I DONT NO HOW TO CHANGE THE TOPIC FROM FROZEN GUY N GIRLS BUT SHE IS RUNNING :) THX AGAIN

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome, " we need more info ? does it turn over ? how old is the fuel ? is the battery Goosed " [ no matter if its been on charge] may not hold a charge, is it kept outside ? have you checked coolant lately ? :huh: , us air cooled boys have no probs with temperature B)

Its oil cooled so no it wont be frozen-more likely one of the safety switches i.e. kill switch or side stand switch, if your getting good dash lights then the battery is good enough to light bulbs, it might not be good enough to turn the starter, more description on sounds, lights fading etc-you shouldn't be on in this weather anyway-are you mentally mad ? :huh:

you shouldn't be on in this weather anyway-are you mentally mad ? :huh:

Lies, LIES!!!! :lol:

I'm riding quite happily in this.... well, as happy as I can be with frozen bits.

Lies, LIES!!!! :lol:

I'm riding quite happily in this.... well, as happy as I can be with frozen bits.

well it does not tick over not even a hind ,the bike is oiled cooled ,so am thinking that the battery is goosed ,plus if i try and put the

in first gear she will not move into it well its -7c here in scotland no wonder the bloody thing wont go :huh:;)

Does the starter turn?

Are you using full choke?

Have you checked all the safety switches?

Checked you're in Neutral and all that?

Does the starter turn?

Are you using full choke?

Have you checked all the safety switches?

Checked you're in Neutral and all that?

yes i have tryed all the switches buddy i think it could be the cold weather thats making it go nuts lol its even under a good cover in the hut i went to try it again 2day and the tank had frost on it ????the battery is 1 year old

Check the earth connections and the connection to the starter motor also, oh and try rocking it back and forward-it sounds like the clutch is stuck-did you leave it in gear?, is the neutral light on, and lastly-sit on it-flick the stand up and try it while holding the brake on-else ye might land in the garden :lol:

Check the earth connections and the connection to the starter motor also, oh and try rocking it back and forward-it sounds like the clutch is stuck-did you leave it in gear?, is the neutral light on, and lastly-sit on it-flick the stand up and try it while holding the brake on-else ye might land in the garden :lol:

hi there i will double check all the connections 2moro ,the neutral is on and the bike is not in gear i will do wot u said i will rock it back a fourth and take it from there i will check all the vital parts 2moro :huh: lol

Sounds like your battery is arsed :(

stay out all nite with a hairdryer giving the bike a good aul thaugh. light candles arround yourself and the bike to keep windchill at bay ! ! ! :o

Whats the weather report like down your way SirPat ? B)

the icicles are splitting the trees here :o

Sounds like your battery is arsed :(

stay out all nite with a hairdryer giving the bike a good aul thaugh. light candles arround yourself and the bike to keep windchill at bay ! ! ! :o

i will need 2 do something lol this weather is bloody killing me and the bike lol

Whats the weather report like down your way SirPat ? B)

the icicles are splitting the trees here :o

Well Jim, we seem to be stuck at -12 deg at night and then it rises to -5 or -4 during the day. Not a lot of snow falling lately but we are having our fair share of it !

Tis a pain in the arse but tis to be expected this time of da year.

Hows is up there ? From what i see and here ye have it pritty bad !

its been bad Pat, cant remember snow being this deep since I was a wean, about 2 foot deep, -14 last night, -11 all day, abandoned cars everywhere, people spending the night on motorways and A roads and petrol stations and supermarkets like bare knuckle pikey pits :lol:

av had to change out of ma kilt and drink Bovril FFS :angry:

its been bad Pat, cant remember snow being this deep since I was a wean, about 2 foot deep, -14 last night, -11 all day, abandoned cars everywhere, people spending the night on motorways and A roads and petrol stations and supermarkets like bare knuckle pikey pits :lol:

av had to change out of ma kilt and drink Bovril FFS :angry:

Aye, were gettin the cold weather but not as much snow as ye. 10" of snow is all we hav. Tis enough, tis enough i say :lol:

Have never seen ya in your SKIRT Barkey. Me thinks ya do be cheatin :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online