XJ6 aftermarket exhaust

XJ6er
This post is 4851 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

New to this forum group so hi. I ride an XJ6 S Divvy 09 and love it. owned it for a couple months now and still absolutely love it!! I want to modify a few things like tail tidy, get LED tail light with integrated indicators and put on a decent pipe and get rid of the cat box.

The question is.......I want to keep the center stand but all the exhaust systems that I have looked at require the removal of the center stand. Anyone got any advice on this or know a way to get around this? Also to those that have done any mods that are worth doing or not would like to know (esp the tail light).

Thanks

Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

New to this forum group so hi. I ride an XJ6 S Divvy 09 and love it. owned it for a couple months now and still absolutely love it!! I want to modify a few things like tail tidy, get LED tail light with integrated indicators and put on a decent pipe and get rid of the cat box.

The question is.......I want to keep the center stand but all the exhaust systems that I have looked at require the removal of the center stand. Anyone got any advice on this or know a way to get around this? Also to those that have done any mods that are worth doing or not would like to know (esp the tail light).

Thanks

Nick

I speak from experience here, as i have an the integrated LED tail, dont do it. Its more hassle than its worth and it will in the most likely chance fail, be a pain in the ass and not be legal :) I'm ripping my out when this snow thaws and putting it back to the original. Dont waste your money, just get LED indicators instead of the integrated thing.

Cool thanks David,

I did try to asak about that in you previous thread. I was really tempted to get the LED system but after reading your experience it has put me off. Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks

Nick

I believe there is a full Arrow system for sale on ebay , or it was at the weekend when I looked.

I believed it was only used for development purposes .. Whether or not it can be used with a stand I do not know . It may still be on there .

At the time I thought it was a reasonable price too .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BLUESMAN

I've got a brand new boxed Scorpion can for the XJ6 Diversion - never opened, still in manufacturers packaging - sold bike so unwanted --CHEAP if you are interested. I've heard another one and they sound a lot better than the stock - moves the sound further back and deepens the tone and the centre stand stays. I'm based in Swansea.

Bluesman

Hi all,

Thanks

Nick

My xj6 diversion: MASS exhaust from Italy (center stand remain)

:

[

I've got a brand new boxed Scorpion can for the XJ6 Diversion - never opened, still in manufacturers packaging - sold bike so unwanted --CHEAP if you are interested. I've heard another one and they sound a lot better than the stock - moves the sound further back and deepens the tone and the centre stand stays. I'm based in Swansea.

Bluesman

Yes I am interested, how much do you want for it? Is it the same one scorpion advertise on their website? s-steel one that connnects straight to the cat box? I am in hertfordshire so can arrange courier.

Nick

My xj6 diversion: MASS exhaust from Italy (center stand remain)

:

[

That looks and sounds amazing!! where did you get that done? and how much did you spend? I am very jealous. Awesome dude

That looks and sounds amazing!! where did you get that done? and how much did you spend? I am very jealous. Awesome dude

Thanks. Its realy great and powerfull sound. MASS is from Italy. It was instaled in Slovenia. Catalysator must go off. I spend 440€. Titanium tromboncino corto with carbon top. + 120 for installation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BLUESMAN

Yes I am interested, how much do you want for it? Is it the same one scorpion advertise on their website? s-steel one that connnects straight to the cat box? I am in hertfordshire so can arrange courier.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes it's the one Scorpion show. I have never opened the packaging. Were retailing at £230 - thought £150. Let me know if you are interested and we can talk arrangements.

John