rt 180 wont shift gears

triadracer
This post is 5039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey everyone!!!

I am in the middle of installing a transmission into my rt180, tonight i installed it and all the gears meshed properly the lifters are in the right spot in between gears. But when i put my case together and installed the clutch and all the outer gears i cannot shift through the gears... It spins but i cannot get it to click into gear with the shifter.... Does anyone know the problem. I dont wanna pull the case apart again. Can it be something with the shift drum and the stopper arms? if someone has had this problem before could u please give me some insight on what it could be?

thanks in advance

sean

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey everyone!!!

I am in the middle of installing a transmission into my rt180, tonight i installed it and all the gears meshed properly the lifters are in the right spot in between gears. But when i put my case together and installed the clutch and all the outer gears i cannot shift through the gears... It spins but i cannot get it to click into gear with the shifter.... Does anyone know the problem. I dont wanna pull the case apart again. Can it be something with the shift drum and the stopper arms? if someone has had this problem before could u please give me some insight on what it could be?

thanks in advance

sean

What exactly 'spins'. Motorcycle gearboxes are not designed to opperate staticly, have you rotated the clutch basket whilst trying to change gears, or rotating the output shaft gently while again trying the gears.

Do you get any joy if you manually shift the drum by hand ignoring the selctor mech for now?

Any chance of some pictures of the selector mech?

What exactly 'spins'. Motorcycle gearboxes are not designed to opperate staticly, have you rotated the clutch basket whilst trying to change gears, or rotating the output shaft gently while again trying the gears.

Do you get any joy if you manually shift the drum by hand ignoring the selctor mech for now?

Any chance of some pictures of the selector mech?

hey thanks for the reply!!!! i have rotated the clutch basket and it will slip into gear eventually but i cant feel any clicking in the foot pedal. When i turn the drum when the case was open it slides and lifts all the gears sometimes though it gets stuck. could i have possibly put one of the lift fingures the wrong way on the shift drum?

I dont have a pic of the selector

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online