what to buy

sshg
This post is 5040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

30 yrs off road experience, 3 yrs on a FZ6 and now looking for something for longer trips and considering the FJR and Pan. I have £8k to spend and would welcome any comments or suggestions and what to look out for on a 2nd hand FJR. What could I expect for my money?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well you could expect a bike with 2 or more owners and priced around 8k or under :huh:

HTH

Jim

Welcome ssg" i would recomend Triumph Tiger, 1050cc. or the older 955cc, rode them both this year, smooth ,comfy, powerfull , and plenty luggage to slap on em ;)

Gus up" on here will advise , also plinninggas, thier the long haulers..B)

Well you could expect a bike with 2 or more owners and priced around 8k or under :huh:

HTH

Jim

Thanks Jim

is there anything in particular I should look out for and what sort of age and mileage would be reasonable for this price. I've looked over the last few weeks and the variation in price for similar age and mileage is considerable

ST1100 Pan - Get an Ex-Police model.

It will likely have surface/cosmetic scarring through use, but should be in MINT condition service-wise.

Those guys really look after their kit!!

So much so, that I'm slowly saving up for one myself!!

You can get a very good Ex-Police one for £2500 - Expect 70,000 on the clock (whgich is barely broken in for these things), minor scratches, fully restored 2-person seating (or you can request the Police set-up be left) and probably a decent warranty from the dealer - which leaves you much more for accessories, kit, clothing, gadgets and all sorts of cool things!!

Even £1500 will get you a good condition model.

Just don't be upset if there's a few more scratches or the occasional bolt cover missing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online