dt 175 mx

m bishop
This post is 5041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi my dt 175 mx is difficult to start when cold. it starts 2nd or 3rd kick runs for a few seconds and stops. it does this about 5 times and then its fine. ive cleaned the carb and tryed another choke but no good. its got new coil new plug. anybody got any ideas.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi my dt 175 mx is difficult to start when cold. it starts 2nd or 3rd kick runs for a few seconds and stops. it does this about 5 times and then its fine. ive cleaned the carb and tryed another choke but no good. its got new coil new plug. anybody got any ideas.

Do you turn the fuel off if you leave it for any lenght of time?

hi yea always turn fuel off i made that mistake once before.

And how long do you leave the bike vertical to fill the carb properly?. The couple of times where it doesent quite go are when its gasping for gas.

Just let the old girl have her fill for a few moments more and the problem 'should' go away. Mine is exactly the same needs a minute or two to fill properly when its proper cold. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online