XJ6 Carb/throttle plate restrictor plate

FullPowerJoe
This post is 4909 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys

I got a '59' plate XJ 600 naked in Sept 2009 , I ( at the time) had a 33 BHP restrcition Licence when I borught it . It is currently fitted and came fitted with a 33 BHP restriction kit . The bike paperwork, and the mechanic handed over a seperate steel engine part , which I now have been told is a throttle/ carb plate which was taken out , in order to fit the restriction plate/kit . The part was about 4x 2 inches of an irregular rectangular shape .

Upon recieving the bike for the first time the mechanic told me firmly " Keep hold of this , you'll need it when de- restricting" . I bet you guesses it by this point , I managed to lose this very important part .

Anyway I took the bike to the Yamaha Dealer I got it from ( In Herfordshire , England ) and then explained the loss of the important metal part . The Mechaninc told me " Without the part , there's nothing we can do " He then reluctantly said "I could do a bodge Job , though this could harm the carb parts "

Since then I have tried to find a broken XJ6 2009 model at breakers and have not yet found one . I would have thought this part would be in other bikes such as the fazor no?

Anyway if anyone has got any Idea of where to find one of these throttle/ Carb plates , or where they might be fitted Please reply

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys

I got a '59' plate XJ 600 naked in Sept 2009 , I ( at the time) had a 33 BHP restrcition Licence when I borught it . It is currently fitted and came fitted with a 33 BHP restriction kit . The bike paperwork, and the mechanic handed over a seperate steel engine part , which I now have been told is a throttle/ carb plate which was taken out , in order to fit the restriction plate/kit . The part was about 4x 2 inches of an irregular rectangular shape .

Upon recieving the bike for the first time the mechanic told me firmly " Keep hold of this , you'll need it when de- restricting" . I bet you guesses it by this point , I managed to lose this very important part .

Anyway I took the bike to the Yamaha Dealer I got it from ( In Herfordshire , England ) and then explained the loss of the important metal part . The Mechaninc told me " Without the part , there's nothing we can do " He then reluctantly said "I could do a bodge Job , though this could harm the carb parts "

Since then I have tried to find a broken XJ6 2009 model at breakers and have not yet found one . I would have thought this part would be in other bikes such as the fazor no?

Anyway if anyone has got any Idea of where to find one of these throttle/ Carb plates , or where they might be fitted Please reply

Thanks

can you post a pix of the part . as ive a xj 6 engine and carbs here . of no use to me . will any other year do to get the part from .

• 2 weeks later...

FullpowerJoe, you now have three threads about this and i do feel maybee i need to give you a little input. There are some broken XJ6s out there in Breaker-land, so you might be able to find one. Your bike does not have carbs though - it is efi. Also 2009 and 2010 xj6 parts are the same, but fazer 600 parts most likely won't fit as it runs bigger throttle bodies (i think 36mm, against 32mm for the XJ6).

how big was the part? i'm guessing it's just the throttle cable pulley at the throttl-body end, that provides the restriction, mahybe with a different stop? can you not buy one from fowlers?

googling around reveals that the restriction costs £18 from yamaha, so it can be that much different?

if you can photograph the throttle pulley, i might be able to hlp further.

its a metal plate-wot duzz it ! ;)

XJ6 25KWRestrict P1

XJ6 25KWRestrict P2

Thats it , the orgional throttle body plate , shame mine's lost . I have emailed Fowlers describing the part .

As mentioned before , the Yamaha Dealers cannot source this and it cannot be ordered on their system . I wonder where I can get one form ?

Thanks for the picture dude

Is it lost Joe,,,,,or did ya not look hard enough for it,,,,,did ya loose it in your shed,,,,,,,or did it fall outa your pocket on the way to the chipper

Here is what the de-restricted plate looks like

couldn't you just dremmel off the small 'nib' that prevents the 'bell crank' from rotating to its full extent ? :blink:

9e9541ad.jpg

couldn't you just dremmel off the small 'nib' that prevents the 'bell crank' from rotating to its full extent ? :blink:

http://i391.photobuc...6R/9e9541ad.jpg

I think thats what i would do Barkey !

9e9541ad.jpg

I would if I had a dremmel ,I got a jigsaw, would it cut it with a metal saw bit ? Or perhaps bolt cutters would be easier

I would if I had a dremmel ,I got a jigsaw, would it cut it with a metal saw bit ? Or perhaps bolt cutters would be easier

take it of and cut it o with a hacksaw or file it away - a jigsaw would just make a mess.

Its a great bit of kit Merv B)

that barman at Squires was none too pleased tho' :o:lol:

laser.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online