Winter weather

Cynic
This post is 5043 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Its nothing to do with bikes. But!

Went out tonite with my youngest for an adventure, hot flask, tow rope, and some basics like a spade, hi viz torch etc to traverse the big hill.

Nothing special 99% of the year just a steep hill although its steep in steps for probably half a mile, till it snows. Then only the brave and the stupid take it on. Well take your pick, thats where myself and my youngest were heading basically to give the 4wd system on the rangy a work out to keep it sweet.

Well we saw headlights pointing up on one of the steeper parts going nowhere so put pants on the outside and speed to assist. Only to see a focus coming DOWN the hill :o . It came to a dubious stop, (its a steep hill remember they can slide away on a whim). Inside was a woman and a todler :rolleyes:

Neither cars had any kit or otherwise, anyway sent some of the people up the hill with an old sheet of mine from the boot to get grit and put the woman and kiddy in the back of my motor till her old man arrived. The thought of her falling arse over biscuit with the kiddy in her arms didnt bear thinking about. Then had to reverse down the hill (nobody could drive up B) ) to take her and her kiddy to safety of their other car he left at the bottom of the hill.

End of the day all cars rescued, Jodie had the time of her life and the driver of the first car tells me he's got snow chains in his garage :lol: .

All in this could have been tragic as the lady could have been doing upwards of 40 even 50mph by the time she got to the bottom of the hill pointing in god knows what direction, i had sutable kit and a suitable vehicle and wearing proper clothing. What would have happend if......

Please be carefull people, little bit of thought with a little, and i mean very little bit of emergency kit could make the difference to yourself or others.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey, good work you guys/guysettes :D

and home in time for tea and toast (marmite optional)

superheroes.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online