1977 XS360

Yamaha808
This post is 4867 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Aloha from Hawaii everyone,

Newbie here.

I just bought a 1977 yamaha XS 360 and I'm about to embark in a project turning it into a cafe.

I am one hell of a tough time finding the HEADER part of the exhaust system. My header pipes are rusted and butt ugly. I've tried eBay, but found pipes are just as bad as mine. I've ran into a lot of exhaust stuff from MAC systems but are all for the XS400. Now here's my question.

Does the XS400 exhaust/ header pipes fit on the XS 360?

Please HEEELLPP! Any leads to good stock header pipes and mufflers or aftermarket exhaust would greatly be appreciated.

Again, the question is: Does the exhaust system (headers and muffler) from theXS 400 fit on a XS 360? I just want to replace the header pipes if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Aloha from Hawaii

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well " does none of the XS anoracks know if the headers fit ? :unsure: , welcome by the way, Wish i was in The South Pacific , :rolleyes: 5" 0 , & all that,

Thanks Drewpy,

So the XS 400 Header Pipes will fit the XS 360 !!!!

Yaaaaay!!! For awhile their I was feeling bummed and stressed not finding any exhaust headers for my xs360. They only made the XS360 for 2 years I believe. So parts are hard to come by. Unlike the Honda CB's, parts are all over the place.

Oh by the way, I work on the set of Hawaii Five -0 as a lighting tech.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure as I go along this project, I'll be a frequent visitor.

Oh by the way, I work on the set of Hawaii Five -0 as a lighting tech.

Fk me 118" er i mean 808" You r showing ur age, :D i watched that in the 1960s :o . gulp.

I running an xs360 engine case in my 400. very minor differences. the carbs are the main difference!

I thought you meant "south pacific, 5-0".

There is a show on right now on CBS, a remake of "5-0".

Oh 808 . i wasn"t upset, i was shocked.:o , Hawaii 5=0 . I Was shocked coz its 1960s, i remember watching it . :rolleyes: , all is cool .

Fk me " is an expression of shock .:o ---==:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online