FZR 1000 EXUP

jebb
This post is 725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Im seriously thinking of buying a 1989 EXUP. Just wondered if any owners can enlighten me as to the weak points or things to look out for; its up for £2000, is this price about right? Its a 1 owner and apparently in good nick.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Im seriously thinking of buying a 1989 EXUP. Just wondered if any owners can enlighten me as to the weak points or things to look out for; its up for £2000, is this price about right? Its a 1 owner and apparently in good nick.

Thanks

Ay up, seems a bit steep that does mate unless it absolute mint with low miles, check out other prices on ebay and trader, things to look out for is seized exup valve in exhaust, if you can get bolts out its an easy fix, but other than that they are a real good bike, got the R and the RU model now and love em, RU bought for 1300 and the R 600 quid both in good condition. hope this helps

Ay up, seems a bit steep that does mate unless it absolute mint with low miles, check out other prices on ebay and trader, things to look out for is seized exup valve in exhaust, if you can get bolts out its an easy fix, but other than that they are a real good bike, got the R and the RU model now and love em, RU bought for 1300 and the R 600 quid both in good condition. hope this helps

go to agree £2,000 does seem on the high side unless it truly is a minter, apart from the ex up value as mentioned , check it does not jump out of second gear as they tend to have been hammered in second , other than that regulator (VR) tend to be weak , make sure you check the battery with a volt meter when its running with the lights on, A safe charging rate @ 3000 RPMs is 13.7 to 14.9 volts anything above this your VR is goosed , It might have had a upgrade , but you can still buy them of ebay for £40.00

great bike though

have a look here on the FZR forum My link

Cheers to both of you for the advice. I think you confirmed what I was thinking about the price; does'nt stop me wanting the bugger though...

Hi,

Thanks

ive just got a 88 fzr 1000 for £900 in widnes 1 owner and its not got a mark on it, theres loads on th autotrader site ranging from 600's to 1000's hav a look

• 11 years later...
On 11/28/2010 at 5:44 PM, jebb said:

Hi,

Thanks

I have a FZR1000 EXUP Year 1990 , 47k miles , over £1200 spent on it with receipts MOT until August excellent runner 

You realise that's an eleven year old post?

• Cynic locked this topic
This post is 725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.