rxs 100 carb problems

norwichrxs100
This post is 5045 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone

bought a rxs 100 1985 with only 6000 ish miles on the clock recently

got it serviced new air filter spark plug oil,

with the really cold and snowy weather lately the throttle has been sticking when i stop at lights etc.

i have to turn it off by the key cant push throttle back. have pulle the slide out and there is ice on top of it !!

any ideas ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone

bought a rxs 100 1985 with only 6000 ish miles on the clock recently

got it serviced new air filter spark plug oil,

with the really cold and snowy weather lately the throttle has been sticking when i stop at lights etc.

i have to turn it off by the key cant push throttle back. have pulle the slide out and there is ice on top of it !!

any ideas ?

Defrost it

:o where u been?...This is THE no 1 forum :P

norwuchh....

Carb icing

Carb icing remedy

I have had many problems ... that is another story !!! I just hope I can forget the last 2 years :) so maybe I'll be back.

The OP mentioned ice above the slide, hence the need to defrost the bike, water on the YEIS box can run down to the top of the carb & freeze above the slide but as a matter of course I would replace the cable

Holy crap, WildFoamy told us you were in jail, wtf happened ? :blink: ,anyhoo welcome back Jimbob :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online