oil feed blockage

TIGS
This post is 5047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello

any help would be great

My son has a spanish bike with a ybr125 engine in it,as you all know this engine is air cooled.

He ran the bike low on oil,i mean low less than a 1/4 of a litre,which has brought on a tapping from top end

tappets are fine,cam and bearings are ok,i have put oil straight on to the inlet tappet,ran the bike and the noise

has gone,but 10 minutes later,it returned,so it can only be that when he ran low on oil,he brought some crap up

from the sump..

So my now for my question...is there anyway of clearing the blockage without sripping the head off,can i use a

oil flush or would that do more damage,,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello

any help would be great

My son has a spanish bike with a ybr125 engine in it,as you all know this engine is air cooled.

He ran the bike low on oil,i mean low less than a 1/4 of a litre,which has brought on a tapping from top end

tappets are fine,cam and bearings are ok,i have put oil straight on to the inlet tappet,ran the bike and the noise

has gone,but 10 minutes later,it returned,so it can only be that when he ran low on oil,he brought some crap up

from the sump..

So my now for my question...is there anyway of clearing the blockage without sripping the head off,can i use a

oil flush or would that do more damage,,

Hello TIGS

I think the first thing you should really do is introduce yourself.

Who are you?

Where do you come from? (this is a worldwide forum)

What do you want from us?

A one of question/answer?

Or will you contribute your knowledge and experience to help other Yamaha bikers?

YOC is a community, we all help each other. maybe I'm coming over a bit strong, but we get so many one offs here seeking a solution to their problem and don't even have the courtesy to reply when they get the answer.

Please except my apologies

My name is Kevin

i live in Bristol..uk

i need help with a problem

i ride an R6 myself

i am a team player

Hi Kev

As you can see by my profile I'm not to far up the road from you.

Hopefully you will get some help with your question, we are a friendly lot, but, would you like it if somebody seen your bike outside your house, knocked on your door and said, "excuse me mate, but"

Anyway nuff said.

Welcome to the forum Kev

If you see me in Knights Templar I will let you buy me a pint of strongbow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online