mpg rxs 100

RsTurbo89
This post is 4488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently aquired a yamaha rxs 100 1992 k reg very good condition for year runs fine starts every morn but on reading some reviews on this bike they all say there getting around 80-90 mpg i ran out of petrol the other morning only having covered 115 miles to a full tank. spark plug is new would cleaning the baffle help? and air filter?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have recently aquired a yamaha rxs 100 1992 k reg very good condition for year runs fine starts every morn but on reading some reviews on this bike they all say there getting around 80-90 mpg i ran out of petrol the other morning only having covered 115 miles to a full tank. spark plug is new would cleaning the baffle help? and air filter?

How much does your tank hold ?

prob not much more that a gallon !

It also depends on how hard ya drive the thing. Cleaning the exhaust and air will help a bit,,,,,,make sure the air box is sealed propperly afterwards.

She holds 2.7 gallons, or 12 litres.

Work into that that probably 1 to 1 1/2 litres will never come out, you dont mention if you used reserve which will be probably another 3 litres.

So were down to around 8 litres, 115 miles gives you around 70 to the gallon depending if it was brim full to kick off. Not half bad for a 20+ year old bike.

If you want the magic figure people quote you will have to have the whole bike in tip top nick, engine oil, air filter, chain, exhaust etc etc will have to be mint with no wear or stress.

Don't forget of course your personall height and weight will also have a big effect on fuel figures.

I'm only jealous, my 250 is very lucky to get 40to the gallon and my 175 struggles to make 50. :)

Just found an old copy of Mechanics magazine from December 1983 where they tested an RXS100 and they say Fuel Consumption as Average as 65.8mpg and Worst as 59.2mpg .They also list fuel tank capacity as 9.9litres (2.2gal) so I think 80-90mpg is a bit optimistic. Tony.

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online