yamaha tzr 125 r

yamaha tzr 125 r (1995)
This post is 4744 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im new to this i just bought a yamaha tzr 125 r 1995. the problem is that wen i turn it on i use the starter button it wont start but all i hear is the starter motor going round im wondering weather you have any advice on this as i am thinking gettin a new battery to see if it works better my dad mechanic but he says the starter motor seems fine if any other suggesters will be much appreciated. he thinks it the bit in the middle of the starter motor. when i bump it it starts fine and when i go for good run, it get warm and i turn it off it starts straight away on the button thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi im new to this i just bought a yamaha tzr 125 r 1995. the problem is that wen i turn it on i use the starter button it wont start but all i hear is the starter motor going round im wondering weather you have any advice on this as i am thinking gettin a new battery to see if it works better my dad mechanic but he says the starter motor seems fine if any other suggesters will be much appreciated. he thinks it the bit in the middle of the starter motor. when i bump it it starts fine and when i go for good run, it get warm and i turn it off it starts straight away on the button thanks.

• 2 months later...

hi there mate,

welcome to the tzr r side of things.

i had a similar problem but ended up fixing it when i rebuilt the engine.

as your sitting on the bike, the engine casing on your left contains the stator, pulse coil and source coil. when you take the case off you wil see the (flywheel) as such. its a drum that spins around when the engine is started. behind that flywheel you will see a cog/teeth which your startermotor drives. this cog is a complicated peice of kit. basicaly it has springs and rotating barrles in the middle that lock the flywheel when the startermotor spins the main cog. ( similar to the ratchet on a pushbike ) i.e will spin one way and lock and free the other.

take out the centre bolt that holds on the flywheel and use a 3 jaw puller to pull it off. im sure that it it possible to jack it off using the threaded holes in the center of the flywheel by screwing a bolt into them but make sure you dont go through the housing.

also be carfull not to loose the woodruff key on the main crank shaft once you take the flywheel off.

once its off just be carfull that springs n things dont go pinging everywhere. clean everything with clutch/break cleaner and a scotch pad.

good luck mate

• 4 months later...

hi am running a tzr r 125 4hw model in need of help boy before me put it down the road a need the brake pedal assembly and hanger any hwlp would be appreciated also do you know anywhere a can get spare cheap a can find ay where that has them cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online