Pushing a motorcycle up several hills is hard work !

Zircon
This post is 5047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So today my engine failed , rather spectacularly ( ive got a post on the workshop with the full story ) I have no idea what is wrong .......

However after pushing my bike for several miles up and down some pretty hefty hills at 10/11pm in the freezing cold my father tells me its all part of being a biker, and it happens to everyone at some point !

Wondered if you guys had any similar stories ? Although i must add ..... 100's of cars past me and didn't stop to ask to see if I was ok or needed a hand ... however 6 out of the 7 bikes which past pulled over and asked if they could help :) very impressed !

Zircon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Perhaps UP YOURS would care to comment as he seems to have mastered the art. B)

Kev2.jpg

Note the style, the poise, the insane grin, the Pound Saver glasses perched on the head, the newly acquired ability to put one foot in front of the other.

Luckily, several motorcyclists did stop to offer help - hence the photo. :lol::D:P

ATB

J

what he didn't tell ya was the engine was running and it was in gear!!

.... but the front sprocket was in his pocket. What a prat pushing like that. :D :D

ATB

J

Wondered if you guys had any similar stories ?

Early '80s (81-82?), MZ250, g/f (now SWMBO) house was 4 miles from my gaff (Googly map link for the curious). For some unknown reason (the fates taking the pi$$, maybe), it seemed that every time I left her place late at night after 'cuddles' it started to rain just about when I left the streetlights ..... ! Now the MZ isn't that heavy a bike, but if you look at the streetview on that link for the last stretch into and through Marykirk, you'll see it's all uphill - ye gods did I get fit!

Eventually I discovered WD40, old Marigolds and bathroom sealant and never had to push the bike again, through rain, hail, sleet or snow - I think that's about the time my waistline started to expand .... ?

'cuddles'

Aye, cuddles

Come on now KerriPete !

Ya were a young fit man, twas more than Cuddleing ya were up ta,,,,,,,,tell us :D :D

Aye, cuddles

Come on now KerriPete !

Ya were a young fit man, twas more than Cuddleing ya were up ta,,,,,,,,tell us :D :D

Needing some more 'happy thoughts' for the wank bank? Sorry, but a gentleman never tells .... and I can impersonate a gentleman when need arises (or other things :D ).

:P

Needing some more 'happy thoughts' for the wank bank? Sorry, but a gentleman never tells .... and I can impersonate a gentleman when need arises (or other things :D ).

:P

Aye sir,,, you have answered like a true gentleman,, :thumb:

back to the imagineation for me,,,,,,,,your a bold boy Pat

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online